We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email poorly typed during user registration | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 26 '13

If you register as a network Oxwall you type wrong email email never reaches the confirmation email, and you can not re-register.

Of course, if you delete your browser cookies can re-register, but many users are left in this step because they know they have mistyped or because they think their admission was not accepted.

Any idea or solution to this?

Alia Team
Alia Oct 28 '13
Patricia, when user completes registration and lands on "Please confirm your email" page, he can always retype ANOTHER email into the form and resend confirmation to the correct email.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 28 '13
I guess you're right. I will check personally because I have relied on user complaints and I have manually edited the email in the database to fix.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 28 '13
To make it easier for users to understand that they can retype another email, you can add a little explanation text instead of the one that is there right now ( see screen shot):

You can change the text in admin panel>>settings>>language>>find a phrase by keyword "

Click "Send" button to receive a letter with the confirmation code to your email address." >>change the text to whatever you want to:

Alia Team
Alia Nov 4 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.