We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed not obeying role management setting | Forum

Daniel Durski
Daniel Durski Jun 25 '11
Hello:
I had the same problem with a scriptaculous install with the send, submit buttons on the newsfeed, wall, and PM. So I Downloaded from the store all the plug-ins, extracted, FTP'd and re-installed. This fixed the button issue.

But now the newsfeed is commentable by anyone even tho I tried to uninstall and re-install again, I've removed the permission from all roles to no avail, I even removed the free role and re inserted this role again with the same results.

I'm thinking I should never have done a scriptaculous install.

Hope this is in the right Forum
Den Team
Den Jun 27 '11
Would you printscreen your roles settings for newsfeed plugin?
Daniel Durski
Daniel Durski Jun 27 '11
I included the newsfeed setting, role management, and role permissions.
Thanx
Attachments:
  role-permissions.jpg (26.88Kb)
  role-management.jpg (19.25Kb)
  newsfeed-screen.jpg (22.15Kb)
Crewdog
Crewdog Sep 7 '11
I have the same issue.
Role management works well, except the newsfeed does not obey setting.

I have a role set to restricted to limit all activity, in case user is restricted (because suspend does not allow them to login to change profile content).  The only thing wrong is restricted user can still comment on newsfeed, even though box is unchecked to allow newsfeed.

BTW, user roles is great management feature. Thanks!
Den Team
Den Sep 8 '11
You need to deny commenting for all features (and newsfeed too) which are appeared in newsfeed (photos, videos, blogs and etc). Because "Allow comments" option must be configured for all features separately. "Allow comments" for newsfeed in role management allow or deny commenting for native newsfeed actions such as "Status update" or "Friendship action". For other action, like uploaded photos, videos or blogs, you need to control it via it's own "Allow comments" settings. 
Does it clear? Let me know if you have any question.
Crewdog
Crewdog Sep 8 '11
I think I understand what you mean. I will take a closer look.
But also it would be nice to control all commenting from within user role. Maybe in a future release?
Crewdog
Crewdog Sep 8 '11
Addenster, I think I got it to work. Now I have a suggestion. It would be nice to have an additional security setting so that when a user is restricted from sending email, they are still able to email the administrator. (So in other words, emailing admin should be an exception.) 
The Cyber Express
The Cyber Express Mar 6 '23
The Cyber Express is a cyber security news media company that focuses on providing the latest news and information about various topics in the field of cybersecurity. With an emphasis on breaking news and real-time updates, they aim to keep the public informed about the latest developments in cybersecurity. The topics they cover a range from the latest cyber-attacks and data breaches to the use of ransomware and hacking tools, as well as information about the latest cybersecurity tools and technologies. By providing in-depth coverage of the cybersecurity industry, The Cyber Express serves as a valuable resource for individuals and organizations interested in staying informed about the latest threats and trends in the world of cybersecurity.