We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sudden re-install of community [Solved] | Forum

Chrisstoffer Nightinglam
I have been away from two of my communities for a while that I have made with Oxwall. They were running fine a month ago.

* First one redirected me straight to the installation screen warning me that register_globals was on and should be off. When I fixed that, it wanted me to re-install!
* Fearing that this had happened to my other oxwall community I quickly went over there, and yes, that one is too is redirecting to the install screen.

What can I do? Have I lost al info? And I am currently working on a #3 Oxwall that is growing but now I fear that this will happen there too! PLEASE help it is a great problem for a lot of users!
The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 4 '13
fbkca
fbkca Oct 29 '13
Do the databases still exist for your 2 older sites? 

Does ow_includes/config.php contain the appropriate information associated to those sites?? 

Chrisstoffer Nightinglam
Thank you SO much.
I realized that because of extra security, I changed my database password when creating the recent number 3 oxwall community. I found the error while looking through the config file. Didn't know it would ask for an installation under those circumstances.

But thank you SO much for your help and sorry for reporting a bug that was caused by myself. You saved my night!

Both fora/communities are up and runing.