We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ERROR [Solved] | Forum

max1970
max1970 Nov 4 '13

Hello everyone I have installed your wonderful oxall on my site hosted on Arvixe hosting but if you do the recording me error log.

internal server error 500

or set smpt as they say, it does not work the same.

Thanks for help...

The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 18 '13
max1970
max1970 Nov 4 '13

They told me that smtp setting and the following see Annex

Attachments:
  oxwallsmtp.png (87.18Kb)
max1970
max1970 Nov 4 '13

I was told to leave the rest and choose off.

I also set cron as it should and does not know anymore what to do.

At this point I start to think that the provider does not support Arvixe Oxwall properly and that I have spent money unnecessarily.

Staff Give me a hand please.

Sorry for my English but I am Italian and use google translate.

max1970
max1970 Nov 4 '13

Accurate I just installed the new Oxwall after playing uninstalled because it gave me problems and pensav it was me.

I also thought that maybe it was one of the many plugins purchased but nothing like this.

Thanks for the support.

ross Team
ross Nov 4 '13
Gloacchino, 

if you still get the internal 500 errors, please enable debug/dev modes, copy the errors you get so we could assist you. http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug?s[]=debug

max1970
max1970 Nov 5 '13
error screen

tanks support

Attachments:
  ERROR.3.png (78.94Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 11 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 11 '13
1. Try enabling SMTP (admin panel>>settings>>main settings>>SMTP
You can test with gmail SMTP: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/13287?hl=en

2. Check with your hosting company why standard PHP  mail() function is not working on your server.
max1970
max1970 Nov 15 '13
Thank you. problem solved. it was the fault of the provider arvixe.com finziona now all thanks to their accommodation.