We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Point sign in page to index page instead of my dashboard on successful signin[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Omari
Omari Nov 5 '13

Point sign in page to index page instead of my dashboard on successful signin

Any ideas please?
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 16 '13
1 Chope
1 Chope Nov 5 '13
Either you are a bit confused or I misunderstood you. You cannot see sign in page once you successfully login. The only need for sign in page is for the members to sign in, when you are sign in, what's the need of the page again? Can you show me a single website that have sign in page after successful login?
Omari
Omari Nov 5 '13
When u sign in from yoursite.com/sign_in it goes to the dashboard. I want it yo go to the main page instead.  This requires customv code changes to the php or java

bobbi
bobbi Nov 5 '13
go to admin pages and menus on main menu drag the the tab home ( unless you renamed it ) to the first place this will stop the log in taking you to dashboard
Omari
Omari Nov 5 '13
thanks guys but i know how to do all of these things i require something different:

I use an http redirect to send users to www.mysite.com/sign_in instead of just www.mysite.com..........regardless of which tab is first this tab by default goes to the dashboard i require a custom code change in php to make it go to main index page instead and i am stuck on that

ross Team
ross Nov 11 '13
create a topic in the custom code modification section of the forum
Omari
Omari Nov 11 '13
i did no response a week now
ross Team
ross Nov 11 '13
Please wait for a while, we have a lot of community members
Steven
Steven Jan 13 '15
The fix for this is really simple. Move your dashboard page to the hidden items section, then click on edit to edit the page. Under the "visible to" section uncheck both boxes for guests and members. This will force the log-in to the "Main" or "Home' page of your site.

Hope this helps.