We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New tab in Group page | Forum

Jose
Jose Nov 11 '13
Hi

I want to add a new tab to the Groups page after the existing ones (Most popular, Latest, ...).
My question is: do I need to uninstall the Groups plugin and create a new one with the same functionality plus the new tab? or it´s enough creating a widget for this tab without removing the existing Groups plugin?
thanks
Petar Šlat
Petar Šlat Nov 14 '13
Having the same dilema.

Anyone knows the answer?

Petar Šlat
Petar Šlat Nov 15 '13
@Jose: I think i have found solution for you.

Will update the thread tommorow :)

Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 20 '13
Guys, we strongly recommend that you create your own plugins and do not make changes in the existing plugins files, because when you update your plugins - all the changes you've made will be lost.

Or you can make changes in the existing plugins, but you should somehow track/backup your changes and then merge the modified files after you update your plugins. 
Jose
Jose Jan 3 '14
Ok many thanks to both I´ve already found a way to implement the change needed for my site.

Abhi Prince
Abhi Prince Jan 19 '14
Jose Can you Share it please 
Jose
Jose Apr 19 '14
sorry didn´t connect recently. Abhi in case you still need it, for this modification would need to  modify the method getGroupListMenu() from the file ow_plugins\groups\controllers\groups.php. Add another item at the end, add the new route to init.php and in this same class  (groups) add the method with the code. hope this helps
Markus
Markus May 2 '14
Jose
Can you give me more details please about adding more buttons ....?

regards A