We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New install problem and possible SOLUTION | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Jun 29 '11
I know I go on about how great Oxwall is with me installing them flawlessly and anyone with errors must have either a corrupt file or incompatible host...

I did a fresh install of oxwall and I received an error.
I wanted a minimal site so I did a standard install picking mailbox and photo.
When I got to the admin panel I decided to disable the mailbox.
I then decided to update the plugins using the auto updater.
The update failed trying to update the mailbox. I got a message saying plugin updated now the DB needs done...
I clicked to update the DB and got an error. (I wish I had noted the exact error) and it ended in "plugin mailbox not active"

The solution. Go to ow_plugins and find the mailbox entry and edit the table to change the field ISActive from 0 to 1.
I then reapplyed the update and it worked.

It seemed the plugin neeed to be active for the update to complete.
I don't know if this is the same for any other plugins.
When the mailbox plugin was at the update db stage it renders the admin panel useless until it completes. If your plugin is inactive you cannot enable it via admin panel.

Do it in the db table... it might solve your problem.
Den Team
Den Jun 30 '11
Absolutely right :) Plugin must be active to be updated successfully.
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 30 '11
I didn't know that! Plugins should be NOT allowed to be updated unless they are active otherwise you break your admin panel!
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 30 '11
Naughty Naughty!
Mark
Mark Jun 30 '11
you shouldnt need to update a disabled plugin so it should only check for active plugins when it tells you about a new update