We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

google chrome and Safari on old mac | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Jun 29 '11
Some users are letting me know they cannot click on the "next" page of images in the photo area or click on members to see the profile.

email from user...

Some of the hyper-links are not working on Google chrome still. I can see the first page of images but cannot click to go to the next page.
I can not click on people and go to their profile from the news feed area.

Will this be fixed in 1.2?
Do we have a list of preferred settings for browser security for the major browsers?
Den Team
Den Jun 30 '11
I tested it with Chrome and Safari o your site and didn't found such problems. It is necessary to get more details about this. Would you ask more details from your users? On what page? Any screenshots and browsers versions?
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 30 '11
Working on that. Just had another user complain/inform me of the same.
It seems to be particularly problematic when trying to accept friends request. The little links below the member (accept and ignore) are not clickable.

Also in the forums some of the members are saying they cannot click on some topics, the link doesn't work there either.
I am reckoning if you fix the friends request link issue then it should be easy to sort the rest out.

Did you try my live site or the development one. The problem is on my live one...
Development is just there to build up my questions. (Go create an account on live and I will admin you up when I see it)
Mark
Mark Jun 30 '11
have you customised your theme? could be a css display error, usually it IE that causes the problems though
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 1 '11
I have a customised theme but nothing madly special, only a few image replacements, colour changes etc. Nothing radical but good point. I need to get them to check on a development clean site...
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 2 '11
FIXED IN CHROME!

@ Mark, I had a second look at my CSS and I had this edit in...

Quote from Code
/* SIDEBAR WIDTH FIX*/

.ow_canvas

{

margin: 0 auto;

width: 1105;

}

.ow_sidebar

{

float: center;

width: 175px;

}

When I viewed in Chrome I noticed my sidebar was missing and pushed to the bottom.

I remembered adjusting the sidebar widths due to some text spilling a while back and by adjusting it too much it pushed the sidebar away to the bottom of the screen.

So... I removed the code (quoted above) and all is sweet with Chrome now.

NOTE!!! Check the site functionality in ALL MAJOR BROWESERS after any drastic CSS changes!

Thanks for the memory job Mark!
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jul 2 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 2 '11
RESOLVED
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jul 2 '11
Mark
Mark Jul 3 '11
no worries :)
The Cyber Express
The Cyber Express Mar 6 '23
The Cyber Express is a cyber security news media company that focuses on providing the latest news and information about various topics in the field of cybersecurity. With an emphasis on breaking news and real-time updates, they aim to keep the public informed about the latest developments in cybersecurity. The topics they cover a range from the latest cyber-attacks and data breaches to the use of ransomware and hacking tools, as well as information about the latest cybersecurity tools and technologies. By providing in-depth coverage of the cybersecurity industry, The Cyber Express serves as a valuable resource for individuals and organizations interested in staying informed about the latest threats and trends in the world of cybersecurity.