We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with MAIN page[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Petia
Petia Nov 22 '13
Can you tell me where in the files of the software is the homepage(main).Tell me how to fix it.In the Customize this page (main page) I can not remove one custom text/HTML.Please help me. I do not want to climb back up 
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 2 '13
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 22 '13
Disable javascript from yoursite/index/customize and try removing the custom text/HTML
ross Team
ross Dec 2 '13
Petia, 

has the problem been resolved with Ebenezer solution?

Daren
Daren Sep 25 '14
same problem here .. how do u remove the "Custom text/HTML" that you know is giving a problem to load the rest of the website ??? Disable javascript is no use because it requires Javascript to X the custom box.

Help ?

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 25 '14
simply disable JavaScript and move the "Custom text/HTML" widget to the "Available Widget" section. 
Quote from Daren same problem here .. how do u remove the "Custom text/HTML" that you know is giving a problem to load the rest of the website ??? Disable javascript is no use because it requires Javascript to X the custom box.

Help ?

ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
go to your database via phpmyadmin to table ow_base_component_setting and remove the content for the value column for the widget
IamWET
IamWET Feb 24 '15
@ross i have also same problem like this, I already deleted the databse of that text/html column using phpmyadmin but still the column still there. any easy fix? thanks
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 5 '15
IamWET, after you have removed the content for the value column for the widget you need to clear the cache in the database.
Go to the ow_base_component_place_cache table.
Select everything you have within this table and delete.