We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SERIOUS DEFECT regarding verification email.[Answered] | Forum

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 25 '13
I had my suspicions before but this time a personal friend did not get their verification email.  I have unverified users piling up that look like legit accounts and NO WAY to resend them a verification email.   This is a standard and necessary feature in things like Simple Machines Forum but is glaringly missing in Oxwall.

Your faithful servant (OK, well, not really...),

Steve 

The Forum post is edited by Alia Dec 2 '13
Alia Team
Alia Nov 26 '13
Steve, I have seen that you already created this suggestion at  http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...e-admin-to-be-able-t

Thanks.

>> I have unverified users piling up that look like legit accounts and NO WAY to resend them a verification email. 

"Mark email as unverified" does the same as sending verification email to some extent.
Once user is marked as unverified, when he logs in to your site he will get a page where he can send himself a verification email.

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 26 '13
But they are already unverified.  The only option that I have is to mark them email verified.  I had mentioned this before but it came back to bite me again.   Some users are NOT receiving their original verification email for whatever reason.
fbkca
fbkca Nov 26 '13
create a new/test account with an email address of your own. Do you get the email?

If so, then the problem is with the destination mail domain. Either, your host has them blocked, or the destination domain has your hosting companies email servers blocked.

Either way, if you're on shared hosting, I check with them and have them confirm if mail is being rejected that belongs to you. 

If you want to check if your server or their domain is on blacklists, use this:

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Just as an example, user's from freenet.de, never get my emails, cause freenet.de blocks my domain due to filters of their own...

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Nov 26 '13
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 26 '13
Some do get their emails, others don't and need to be resent.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 26 '13
Steve one more thing about verification emails, try changing titles of the verification email to something other then "Verification Email".
Some hosting companies and  hotmail/yahoo emails are known for blocking verification emails with this title.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 27 '13
Thanks, Aliia.