We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help needed in widgets such as like | Forum

Raja Gourav
Raja Gourav Dec 2 '13
Hello Guys I need a help in writing my own widgets such as like. The like currently does not support my ambitions but I would also put few other functions such as vote etc.... 

I am newbie to PHP too but I was able to do like gadget on my own completely not using any frameworks. I never used OOPS before but started to understand by seeing Oxwall Plugins and how great it would be to write the code in OOPS. But kindly kindly let me know the process on how can I embed

1. Like icons on to different widgets such as likes

2. If I am writing code for likes what are the classes that I should make use of

3. what part of css should be tweaked to update the change.

Also I was trying to write a simple helloworld plugin to echo same. But I was not able to do so because I think I completely screwed up the dependency of the file system in the plugin directory. So I would beg somebody here to explain me in simpler terms ( I have seen the documentation of Plugin Crash course ). Like we have to use example.php in controllers and call it by MP_CTRL_Example. Please, please kindly help.

Thanks in Advance 

Raja Gourav

The Forum post is edited by Raja Gourav Dec 2 '13
Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 10 '13
Raja, you can check the Newsfeed plugin to see how like and other features work.
Also, we suggest that you download our Plugin Skeleton plugin to see how to use this or that function. Here is URL to the Store item: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/695