We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moving About Me Section | Forum

Jeffery
Jeffery Dec 5 '13
Is there any way to move the about me section from the profile to the dashboard, or at least clone it?  

With the profile cover plugin, the about shows on the cover, so it looks weird having it in 2 places. It'd be nice if people could enter the about me info in profile edit or on the dashboard. 

Any ideas?
bobbi
bobbi Dec 5 '13
you can edit the plug in settings so the about me doesnt show up in the cover image, go to cover gallery and half way down is global settings you can change it there
Jeffery
Jeffery Dec 5 '13
I want it to show in the cover and not in the bottom area. It looks better on the cover. I just want users to be able to add their info somewhere else, so it doesn't show on there twice.
Jeffery
Jeffery Dec 5 '13
I found the about me widget code and changed this:

BOL_ComponentEntityService::getInstance()->saveComponentSettingList($data['widget_uniq_name'], $userId, array('content' => $content));        BOL_ComponentEntityService::getInstance()->clearEntityCache(BOL_ComponentEntityService::PLACE_PROFILE, $userId);

to this:

BOL_ComponentEntityService::getInstance()->saveComponentSettingList($data['widget_uniq_name'], $userId, array('content' => $content));        BOL_ComponentEntityService::getInstance()->clearEntityCache(BOL_ComponentEntityService::PLACE_DASHBOARD, $userId);

But that doesn't do the trick.  

Jeffery
Jeffery Dec 5 '13
I figured out a better solution for this.  It's all good now.