We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sub or multiple profiles[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Hector
Hector Dec 6 '13
does anyone know if their is a plug in or something that allow you to have more than one profile with in the same site
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 9 '13
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '13
Do you mean two profiles with the same e-mail address?
Hector
Hector Dec 9 '13
yes sir, i want to build a site with a main profile and for that profile to have sub profiles. it does not have to have the same e-mail.
to be more specific, i want to make  a pet website with the main profile as a humans profile and subprofiles for pets.

thanks for your response
The Forum post is edited by Hector Dec 9 '13
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '13
Hector, how do you image the connection between these profiles? I'd like to know that in order to give you the options of implementing it. 
bobbi
bobbi Dec 10 '13
i have a pet site as well and would love this feature, guessing it is custom code modifications, maybe a plug in could be made for this feature
Bonnie Jones
Bonnie Jones Dec 17 '13
there is  http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/725 ; could you maybe customize this to suit?  The language file could be altered to read "pet" or something similar.
bobbi
bobbi Dec 18 '13
to me that plug in would not work, what i need is the add new pet option on the user profile, so then you can have more than one pet, human etc on one account without having to create new accounts, hopefully a developer reads this and a plug in could be created, i know nothing about creating plug ins so i could not attempt this myself