We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

.htaccess [Solved] | Forum

Eric
Eric Dec 8 '13
My Oxwall installation has gone perfectly and I haven't had any problems until now.  I installed Piwik (a web analytics program) on my server now, but when I try to access it, I get a Page Not Found error, even though it's installed correctly.  I emailed my host support desk, I got this response:

__________________________________________________________________________________
It seems you have an oxwall install in public_html that has a wildcard redirect for any request coming in and makes the requests redirect to the oxwall install. When piwik folder isn't found, it throws a custom error.

==
warthog:/home/tuscany/www# more .htaccess
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz
AddEncoding gzip .gzip
<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">
ForceType text/javascript
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">
ForceType text/css
</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
==

To confirm this, please rename .htaccess in public_html temporarily and try loading the piwik URL in a new browser window. It will open fine. I would request you to check with your developer to modify .htaccess rules to whitelist/bypass the requests coming for piwik.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I followed their directions  to rename the .htaccess file and then Piwik started working fine, however my Oxwall install started giving me issues.  I renamed the .htaccess back and now Oxwall works fine, but I can't access the Piwik folder again (Page Not Found).

Long story short:  What do I need to add to the .htaccess file to allow access to that Piwik folder?

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 8 '13
Eric
Eric Dec 8 '13
I answered my own question. 

There is an issue with the Oxwall .htaccess file that doesn't allow access to any non-Oxwall sub directories.  I eventually found the answer in the post:  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3913.

Adding RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/directoryname/ to the .htaccess file makes everything work perfectly.
The Forum post is edited by Eric Dec 9 '13
ross Team
ross Dec 8 '13
Great. Thanks for sharing!
Daniel
Daniel Apr 13 '14
Thank you for sharing this! I really appreciate it!