We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sign-In page always goes to user dashboard [To Be Fixed] | Forum

Omari
Omari Dec 8 '13
http://examplesite.com/sign-in in any oxwall installation always goes to the user's dashboard on login. It should instead go the page set as the default landing page in admin page manager. This issue may be fixed with oxwall 1.6 however if anyone has a fix for 1.5 it would be greatly appreciated as not all site onwers will upgrade to 1.6 anytime soon especially with plugins that need to be updated as well as if the oxwall core has been customized.  Please advise
The Forum post is edited by Alia Dec 10 '13
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
This particular issue will not be fixed in 1.6 .0
The fix is planned for the 1.6.1 or 1.6.2

Omari
Omari Dec 9 '13
is there any core file i can edit?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
Omari, unfortunately I will be able to give you an answer only when our developer will fix the issue.

Omari
Omari Dec 9 '13
this is so strange im not a php programmer but i would think it would be a simple redirect i could give to a coder to do for me if i knew what files to edit
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
I am not a programmer myself as well. Once I get any news from developers, I will surely let you know which files you will need to edit.
Omari
Omari Dec 9 '13
much appreciated
Michael Anthony
Michael Anthony Dec 13 '13
I'm new to Oxwall and just getting used to the configuration.  Anyway, I noticed the same thing and thought it would make more sense for users to land right on the "Main" page instead of their Dashboard.

So, I searched around to see if there was a way to fix that and I found my way here.

Here's what I stumbled upon:

In the main Settings area where it shows the blocks for each upper and lower menu item, the labeled blocks representing a user menu items stretched across in different colors....

The Dashboard is listed first in the row.  I just grabbed the second block, the one labeled, "Main", and slid that over to the first position.  Bingo!  Apparently users land on whatever is in the first position of the menu item row.

Hope this helps.  It surely corrected things here.

michael anthony
Michael Anthony
Michael Anthony Dec 13 '13
Haha.....that photo of me was processed using a filter to make my face bulge....I really don't look like that!

Quote from Michael Anthony I'm new to Oxwall and just getting used to the configuration.  Anyway, I noticed the same thing and thought it would make more sense for users to land right on the "Main" page instead of their Dashboard.

So, I searched around to see if there was a way to fix that and I found my way here.

Here's what I stumbled upon:

In the main Settings area where it shows the blocks for each upper and lower menu item, the labeled blocks representing a user menu items stretched across in different colors....

The Dashboard is listed first in the row.  I just grabbed the second block, the one labeled, "Main", and slid that over to the first position.  Bingo!  Apparently users land on whatever is in the first position of the menu item row.

Hope this helps.  It surely corrected things here.

michael anthony

Alia Team
Alia Dec 15 '13
Michael,

>>The Dashboard is listed first in the row.  I just grabbed the second block, the one labeled, "Main", and slid that over to the first position.  Bingo!  Apparently users land on whatever is in the first position of the menu item row.

You are absolutely right here. Your solution will work perfectly if user signs is using the ajax sign in form located at the top right console.

What Omari referred to is the page where users land when they sign in using the direct URL : www.sitename.com/sign-in .  Right now if users sign in using the form located under this URL they will  always end up on dashboard.