We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

newsfeed notification like facebook | Forum

Saeed
Saeed Dec 10 '13
hi , 

i want that the show notification in OW when who commented on Friend's Status and Friend or anyone commented after this , and notification for user for exampe : {friend_name} commented on status that you commented On , 

this is Notification system like facebook notofication system

and very important issue that my users Dont like this :

a Profile Show all Commened & Liked Status for a user , 

Profile Means

User's status , No Friend's Status , this is very bad for OW and i asked form 3000 users and but all users disagree by this system and users dont like Their profiles, plz Solve this on OW

The Forum post is edited by Saeed Dec 10 '13
Saeed
Saeed Dec 15 '13
please help ME
ross Team
ross Dec 24 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 25 '13

Quote from Saeed hi , i want that the show notification in OW when who commented on Friend's Status and Friend or anyone commented after this , and notification for user for exampe : {friend_name} commented on status that you commented On , this is Notification system like facebook notofication system
Saeed, the best way to achieve this is a new plugin development . I suggest that you download our new Plugin Skeleton plugin to see how to use this or that function. Here is URL to the Store item: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/695

If you are not familiar with the plugin development, it would be better for you to find a developer who can help you with it.

Most probably someone on this forum has already started to develop this plugin and it will be available in the Store in the nearest. :)

Quote from Saeed and very important issue that my users Dont like this : a Profile Show all Commened & Liked Status for a user , Profile Means : User's status , No Friend's Status , this is very bad for OW and i asked form 3000 users and but all users disagree by this system and users dont like Their profiles, plz Solve this on OW

There are three Newsfeed widgets:

Index Newsfeed widget - this widget shows the activity of all site users;
Dashboard Newsfeed widget - this widget shows a user's friends activity only
Profile View Newsfeed widget - this widget shows the user's activity only.

If a user, let's say uploaded photo, the item about this action will show up on the Profile View Newsfeed widget. But everyone can comment this action, then the Newsfeed will say: userA commented on user's photo. This is a standard Newsfeed plugin behavior. Also, the Status update box in the Profile View Newsfeed widget was designed as the comment area, so other users were able to comment to the user's profile.

Could you please describe how you want this feature to work in more details basing on what I've describe above.