We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wasted money on plug? not necessarily! - Video | Forum

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Dec 11 '13
Wasted $ 15 on this plugin today, which gave me a lot of extra work. Lost all video I had posted and gave me only error messages. No some previews of the video was not. Plugin is not compatible with standard Oxwall plugin and Chinamtic free plugin. But even if you uninstall these two plugin, it was contrary not better. Must drive back the database here. Sorry but this is bad plugin.

No, it's probably not quite right to say. See my post further down the thread.
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Mar 6 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 19 '13
Ketil, which plugins are you referring to?
I guess, you put this topic here by mistake.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Dec 19 '13
The paid attention plugin which cost $ 15 out of the 24 bought was "VIDEO PLUS" but that some other plugin with the same URL as the other plug on the same street, so it did not use. Did eg VIDEO PLUS had for example vplus that URL, I would also be used VIDEO PLUS. I use Videopro, which allready has the URL "video" A lot of money is catheter away, just because of same url
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Dec 19 '13
Yes, it's probably clear it. but after buying 24 plugin so it can easily go a little confused.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Dec 19 '13
Sorry, i mean same url like video, not videopro.

eks i bye to diferent news plugin, very god, but they have same url, and i must use the best off them

Alia Team
Alia Feb 27 '14
Ketil, sorry for the late reply.
But that is the way plugins actually suppose to work.
You will not be able to use several video plugins on the same site, unless in the description of the plugin it is stated that it is a "standalone" plugin. All other plugins use our basic "video" plugin with some advanced features, and that is why one ONE can be used.

Same applies to any other plugins, you can't have 2 newsfeed, photo, groups plugins unless they are standalone ones.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Feb 28 '14
Yes, if you want video plus: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/604 while retaining standard video plugin. When you install the Video Plus as set Video Plus Oxwall Video plugin inactive. We know att Oxwall Video plugin is important for many other plugin you might buy . But do not worry here . Do the following: You go into your cPanel and find the following files in the File Manager :
public_html / ow_plugins / video plus / init.php
Look at your own page and compare with my picture where I have written " videoplus" where previously stood " video " Once you have saved init.php you can activate the video again no problem. You now have both Video and Video plus two different addresses .

Remember the following : If there is an update on Video plus then you have to go in and change the process again . It is important again to do a backup of video plus directory in File Manger . For the directory , overwrite again . Whatever it is important to backup the entire "home " and / or user , plugin, plugin files , and in this case video plus, before updating the video plus next time. If you have further questions about this , please contact me.

Video plus for me is again only one allowed to post their own private videos, on Video plus pages and other videos on Video.

Sosialt nett demo 2014 by Slidely Slideshow

And that you do on : http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/204

Open the file in cPanel filemananger: public_html/ow_plugins/rssreader/init.php

Se your file and my picture here. Am named the adress "newspapers"

No, i dont have a problems. All its ok.
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Mar 6 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 6 '14
Thanks for posting this Ketil. I am sure this will help other users.
ross Team
ross Mar 20 '14
I'm sorry Ketil, what Video plugin has to do with your last post?
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Mar 20 '14
Not really anymore. So I took it away
You do not have permission to reply this topic