We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Boonex Dolphin to oxwall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Muhammad Umair
Muhammad Umair Jul 10 '11
How to import a website to oxwall which is using Boonex dolphin...? is there any plugin or anyway..?plz help me thankyou..
Den Team
Den Jul 11 '11
Topic was moved from Language packs.
Emil Team
Emil Jul 11 '11
The best thing to do is to attract some developers to create this migration tool. I don't believe for a second you're the only one who wants to migrate from Boonex.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 11 '11
There is no Import tool available to migrate from Boonex's Dolphin . Better to follow Emil's suggestion and post a Job at Oxwall's Market and other Free-Lancer communities

May I know why do you want to migrate from Dolphin? Looking for migration from Dolphin is too complicated. I myself don't recommend to migrate. It's not that easy to make use of Oxwall to get all the Dolphin's features(for which you used modules)work on Oxwall.

3 Steps to avoid Fuss with Migration

I can suggest you to build a new Oxwall Network and....

1) implement Single-Sign-On by utilizingFacebook connect which is available for free of cost

2)Then make use of the Great and light weight Oxwall for some features(like Groups, Chat etc.) to your Network and keep the Current Dolphin network a side for forums and video sharing modules .

In that way you need not trouble your currently registered members and provide them a great feel with new features

The third step is to ...Customize the style of your new Oxwall website. So that it's theme would match to your Dolphin Based site. In that way,Your members will not get confused with the new look :)

Good Luck !
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 11 '11
Muhammad Umair
Muhammad Umair Jul 15 '11
Thankyou Very Much Emil And Ashok for your replay..!actually i am not on dolphin but 1 of my friend is running a website on dolphin i just recommend him to OXwall and he was much impressed due to its great features,clean code and very easy interface and great customization..he wished to transfer all of his previous site data to oxwall.. that's why i posted that thread there..! about me i am just about to launch an oxwall site in a fewdays..!
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 15 '11
Good luck. Hope it all goes smooth.
Dantes
Dantes Jul 15 '11
i was using dolphin but i delete everything and start all over and ppl are very happy with oxwall and no problem to lose everything
Rivu
Rivu Jul 15 '11
@Muhammad Umair
Well you can also ask the experts at the oxwall market to make it for you/your friend. But IMO this can be a bit expensive at all :)
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 16 '11
Muhammad Umair,

Good to know :)