We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall System Bugs - Newsfeed Comments bug | Forum

Omari
Omari Dec 12 '13
Adding a comment to a newsfeed item forces it to the top. Even if this commentis deleted theitem still remains at the top. Even if it is an old item. for example if the post happened 3 days ago. This post remains at the top and hence the newsfeed looks like the last activity happened 3 days ago.
The Forum post is edited by Omari Dec 18 '13
Alia Team
Alia Dec 16 '13
Omari, newsfeed reflects each  and every action happening on your site. In this case the fact that somebody posted an item - is one action and the fact somebody commented on posted item -is another action. In newsfeed those 2 actions are not connected. 

If I am not mistaken when somebody comments on item newsfeeed tells something like "UserA commented on UserB's $item".

How would you want the newsfeed to act in situations like you described?

Omari
Omari Dec 16 '13
E.g. I make a post a week ago. Someone comments on my post, this rightfully sends the post to the top. However if the person deletes their comment it should remove the post from the top. Else it just looks like I said something a week ago and this is the most recent site activity. As it stands if someone removes his/her comment from my post item the post item still stays on top without a comment.
"Person X posted about Y one week ago"
Alia Team
Alia Dec 18 '13
Omari, that is strange.

I commented on Admin's item in newsfeed and this item went to the top

Then I have deleted my comment and the item was removed from top as well.

So, I can't seem to reproduce the issue.
Omari
Omari Dec 19 '13
Alia this seems to happen on posts added to the news feed not in stories automatically generated in the news feed. E.g. Users have the ability to add items to newsfeed as comments links or media, if anyone comments on these added items thats when the bug happens. In stories automatically generated by oxwall, e.g. events forum topics etc the bug does not occur
Emma Brown
Emma Brown May 30 '23
I have just developed a website that is mapquest directions hope you will visit and support.
The Forum post is edited by Emma Brown May 30 '23
anna
anna May 30 '23
Great information, I will recommend it to my friends for them to check out. Thanks for sharing! If you have more time, please visit: stumble guys
Victor Patrick
Victor Patrick Jun 6 '23
Time Stamp: Clearly display the timestamp of each newsfeed item to provide users with a reference point. This will help them understand when the activity actually occurred and differentiate between older items with new comments and truly recent activities. Rainbow Friends: Chapter 2