We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Export & Import [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ed
Ed Dec 19 '13
Is it possible to export members from one oxwall site and import them into another oxwall site. Will the salt affect access to members and if so is there a fix. I have one site with 4000 members and another with 300 and wish to transfer members from one site to the other.
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 23 '13
ross Team
ross Dec 23 '13
Ed
Ed Dec 23 '13
I have those plugins installed and have exported from the one site. My question is about the salt for paswords if the sites have different salt numbers.
ross Team
ross Dec 24 '13
In the manual, it is said that you need to copy the salt, otherwise, your members will always get 'password is incorrect' message. 
Ed
Ed Dec 24 '13

This I understand. I think I am being misunderstood. If one site has say 500 members and a different salt number and another site has 3000 members with a different salt can you import the members from the site with 3000 into the site with 500 members even though both sites have different salt codes.

ross Team
ross Jan 5 '14
Salt value for passwords hash. Make sure it has exactly the same value that your old config.php file had, otherwise member's passwords will become invalid.define('OW_PASSWORD_SALT', '4eca29633fc77');