We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

reinstall oxwall | Forum

Dantes
Dantes Jul 14 '11
Hi there oxwall team (very very very nice job with the software)

im having some problems with my actual installation
not big problems but i would like to have NONE

tiny chat is getting an error when i try to install (there is a blank name on the menu and when i try to put CHAT or something ...the program crash)
the virtual gifts is not showing nothing and install reinstall and etc and no luck
and some others tiny details than im trying to deal with it
there is any way to reinstall the site and not lose the DB
i mean users, categories, pics and vids?
BR!
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 14 '11
Yes. Take a backup.
Then rename config.php (in ow_includes folder) and reupload the install files overwriting any ones necessary.
Once finished delete the new config.php and rename the old one back to config.php. That will be a fresh set of files but connecting to the old database.

Or you can build a site up from fresh files and move across the important files like pictures etc then export specific tables from your old database and import them into your new one.

It can be done. TAKE BACKUPS 1st before you do any work!
Dantes
Dantes Jul 14 '11
damn that sound more complicated than i expected :P hahahaha
let me see if i can get it right
thanks
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 14 '11
Its easy. Easier to do than to explain
Just make sure u have a backup
Dantes
Dantes Jul 15 '11
i will give it a try... i think :P
thanks a lot
Wilzer
Wilzer Aug 17 '16
Would this work, make backup of sql DB and then upload fresh files and install using the existing database or could you create new database to use with install and import old db into new data base.  Also is version information in DB, could you update and then use old DB info?
ross Team
ross Aug 18 '16
If your old and new software and databases are of the same version. All you need to do is to install the same set of plugins you have on your old version site and import your old database or you can just connect your old database if they are on the same server. 

if you have software and databases of the different version, then you will run into errors, since the database structure is different, new tables/columns/rows may appear and they will be empty which can lead to the errors. 

Why don't you just update your old website? 

Wilzer
Wilzer Aug 18 '16
Well, to confess, I didn't move from Arivixe and clicked on update platform and that was one of the million times their servers failed and it stuck in endless cycle.  I did a manual FTP update and that didn't work either, 500 error and now am experimenting with another host and trying to get site back working. Do have a backup from a few days before but there were some changes.  Still trying to find the sql database backup in the c Panel full backup .tar.gz file.  Any suggestions?
dave Leader
dave Aug 18 '16
From now on make sure you do a backup before you update every time... ;)  but i know that does not help you know and sorry about that.  

It sounds like any way you go your going to lose something, how much data was changed in those few days, alot or just a little.  Right now your down i suppose, wouldnt it be better to just lose alittle data and get it backup to a few days ago and then move on from there ?

ross Team
ross Aug 19 '16
I suggest to finish the update process and move to another server if you want to. 

What kind of 500 error do you get? 

500 internal server error or e500.php with the instructions to enable debug mode? 

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 19 '16
Wilzer
Wilzer Aug 19 '16
500 internal server error 

Know where the cpanel full backup sql files are located?

Thank you everyone - I know but backup would probably been corrupt too - lousy host

Had a support ticket out for over a weekl  Arvixe sucks
Wilzer
Wilzer Aug 19 '16
On trial server am getting this message after turning debug to true

http://seals.wwebster.combase/...intenance/?back_uri=
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '16
you can sign in here: http://seals.wwebster.combase/sign-in and then disable maintenance mode here: http://seals.wwebster.combase/admin/pages/special-pages

500 internal server error is a server related issue you will need to contact your hosting provider to resolve it. 

misel
misel Aug 26 '16
Can anyone tell me which files are included for users and photo to export the new database

I have all the old files from the database and ftp
now would only import users and photos to a New MySQL databases

Wilzer
Wilzer Sep 2 '16
OK, have restored to last backup and now, can I update the platform from 1.8.0 build 9900 directly to 1.8.4 , skipping the updates in between?
The Forum post is edited by Wilzer Sep 2 '16
ross Team
ross Sep 4 '16
Wilzer, you can skip other updates and update directly to 1.8.4

Please follow this update instructions: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/24134 they still apply

Andrew
Andrew Sep 5 '16
make sure chose right php version
Wilzer
Wilzer Sep 5 '16
Thank you
Wilzer
Wilzer Sep 5 '16
BTW, what is the highest PHP version that oxwall will accept?
Pages: 1 2 »