We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Embed video on forum | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dantes
Dantes Jul 14 '11
Hi oxwall team
there is a way to embed a video directly on the post in forum page?
like "here"
then you can see the video deriectly in the post and not in the original page like youtube?
i mean something like

[youtube]vr3x_RRJdd4[/youtube]

best regards
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 15 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 15 '11
Like this?

All I did was to pick a vid in youtube, and in the embed code I selected "OLD CODE" and pasted it into this forum post.

I know that in Wordpress they do provide short code examples like [vid]2UxEH2ekCLY[/vid] and the plugin installed knows it is a youtube video.

We need clever people able to look at other site plugins and see how it can be engineered for oxwall.
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jul 15 '11
Dantes
Dantes Jul 15 '11
just like that?
copy paste?
what about other sites like dailymotion
xvideos or etc?
thanks!
Dantes
Dantes Jul 15 '11
dooont worry.... i already know how :P
i just use the youtube video code and change for one of the links in other sites :D
goooooddd!!!!
Den Team
Den Jul 18 '11
With new update there will be a special botton "Add Video" in text formater panel.
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 18 '11
yay Oxwall!!
Dantes
Dantes Jul 18 '11
yes i already see the beta of that panel!!!
tha update looks great so im just waiting to install!
Rivu
Rivu Jul 18 '11
@Addenster
Nice. Great to hear about it!
Dantes
Dantes Jul 18 '11
http://www.ikasu-anime.com
they have the beta already installed
Dantes
Dantes Jul 18 '11
becouse it has an announcement about it and becouse the changes on the script are those oxwall said
privacy options, new text entry, etc
Daniel Lynge Christophersen
Quote from Michael Like this?

All I did was to pick a vid in youtube, and in the embed code I selected "OLD CODE" and pasted it into this forum post.

I know that in Wordpress they do provide short code examples like [vid]2UxEH2ekCLY[/vid] and the plugin installed knows it is a youtube video.

We need clever people able to look at other site plugins and see how it can be engineered for oxwall.
Hi Michael. 
how come why it's not working on mine? I've tried with new and older youtube code, but I can not see the clip... Look; 
http://www.nivinngaavik.gl/video/viewlist/latest

Is there anything I need to do?
Best,
Daniel
Joe
Joe Nov 13 '11
Daniel, looks like you are using the url or link code instead of the embed code.

- Go to the stevie wonder video
- Click on share
- Do Not use the link code. Below that click on "embed"
- Copy and paste the resulting code.

See the screen shot... Hope this helps
Attachments:
  Screen.jpg (174.28Kb)
Hau Young
Hau Young Nov 13 '11
I think it's more user friendly if use the URL like "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODsPdP50ND0"

I did some test where I ask some of my friend to add a youtube video to the site, most of them are copy and paste the URL than copy the EMBED, even some of them do not know what is EMBED CODE.
Joe
Joe Nov 13 '11
Yes, but the video pages will look like the screenshot, with thumbnail & preview, by using embed codes.
Attachments:
  Screen.jpg (393.94Kb)
Daniel Lynge Christophersen
Quote from Joe Daniel, looks like you are using the url or link code instead of the embed code.

- Go to the stevie wonder video
- Click on share
- Do Not use the link code. Below that click on "embed"
- Copy and paste the resulting code.

See the screen shot... Hope this helps

Thank you Joe, got it :-) But, I agree with Hau Young and highly recommend :-) Anyways, looks really great! Thanks
Hensel
Hensel Jan 3 '12
in my forum, video codes are embeded without width and height, so the iframe is too small to click the playbutton or whatch the video actually..

I was looking for hours in settings - but didnt find anything for forum posts..
the videoplugin settings seem not to affect that..

did any one else experiance this - and how did you fix it?

thanks for any hints..
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 12 '12
You can set width and height for the video in the embed code itself. And most video providers offer video in different window sizes.
DeFender
DeFender Feb 13 '15
iframe video width = forum post width. how to fix this problem
Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 16 '15
DeFender, do you mean embedded video shouldn't be stretched over the forum post but have fixed size? 

If, yes, then you can set the size by adding the following CSS style via Admin Area>Appearance>Edit Theme>CSS tab:
.ow_ws_video iframe {
width:77%;
}

Pages: 1 2 »