We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall 1.6 New Revolution | Forum

Ricky
Ricky Jan 7 '14
I cant wait to Update my social network to 1.6... Just waiting for tomorrow
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 7 '14
i cant wait either i was a beta tester and i just excited to have it on a live site
Ricky
Ricky Jan 7 '14
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) i cant wait either i was a beta tester and i just excited to have it on a live site

Good, I hope its opens well on Operamini because most of Ghanaian Uses that Mobile browser 
Michel
Michel Jan 8 '14
when is the update? cuz its 8 januari
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
Michael, very soon...

Michel
Michel Jan 8 '14
Whats verry soon so i can prepare my members if i know a time :P
Sammy O. U.
Sammy O. U. Jan 8 '14
Am super exited at Oxwall 1.6... Checkout my conversation with Oxwall this morning. Am hopeful!

Michel
Michel Jan 8 '14
ye but on which time ?:P
Wolfy
Wolfy Jan 8 '14
All I can say is thank you team for the hard work we really appreciate it very much indeed!! :)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
Michel Oxwall 1.6 will be released today ( I don't know exact time).
However it will take up to 24 hours for update notice to appear in your admin panel
Michel
Michel Jan 8 '14
Oki thanks :-)
Joey
Joey Jan 8 '14
Quote from Aliia Michel Oxwall 1.6 will be released today ( I don't know exact time).
However it will take up to 24 hours for update notice to appear in your admin panel

Today is today right? When this site will be update? because i see no difference
Danger
Danger Jan 8 '14
I have update it too, but no see the difference, maybe for the mobile... Any comments?
Michel
Michel Jan 8 '14
i know you worked hard on the update but the mobile website is not what i expected you cant reach the forum with it u cant read all news from the front page etc.. for now its just useless until u can reach the forum etc...

Also i dont notice any change right now

Also once the page say go to the normal website u never get back to the mobile version
The Forum post is edited by Michel Jan 8 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Michel,  as mentioned by Jake, 1.6  gives a new platform for future mobile developments.
At this moment not all plugins are compatible with it and that is why 1.6 doesn't have a lot of features. We will be updating our plugins to work in mobile version one by one as well as all other third party developers. So over the time, mobile version should have more features.

>>Also once the page say go to the normal website u never get back to the mobile version

Admin panel>>pages&menus>>pages&menus>> move "Mobile Version" item from "Hidden" section to the needed place, and you will be able to access mobile version from  desktop one.
Michel
Michel Jan 9 '14
i did that but then ur accesable aswell on ur laptop to the mobile website thats a bit wierd :P
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Michael, option to switch to mobile version from desktop version is needed when:

1. You are testing site functionality as site admin

2. When our script doesn''t recognize user agent used on your  mobile device and therefore doesn't  open the mobile version right away.
Michel
Michel Jan 9 '14
Oki but all other people can click on it to? on thier desktop cuz that looks wierd when u open a mobile website on ur laptop :P so i need to have it unhidden? also when will there be a forum on the mobile website?

i also expected some new features on the website itsself i cant see what's new can u give me more details about it? like are there smileys yet on the forum? since people love smileys

Also its still not possible to give my staff members acces to index costumize page they can only acces it if they got admin rights but i dont want to give them admin rights also the same problem they cant update the mobile website without having acces as an admin

Thanks for your answers!
The Forum post is edited by Michel Jan 9 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Michael,

1. You can keep "Mobile Version" hidden, and check it as admin from your desktop using wwww.sitename.com/mobile-version URL

2. Unfortunately I don't know when Forum will be added to mobile version..

3. New features. Since 1.6 was mainly targeted mobile version support, you will not find any other major changes within it. Mostly bug fixes.

New Social Sharing  plugin along with the new theme will be added to the store shortly though.
Michel
Michel Jan 9 '14
Hey,

thanks for the answers i love the mobile layout,but my website is mainly targeted to events so people cant use the mobile website right now because u cant enter events or forum ill hope it will be added soon! :-)
Pages: 1 2 »