We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

question about not updating to 1.6 and new plugins [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
read_it
read_it Jan 12 '14
Due to the 1.6 craziness I don't plan on updating anytime soon.. 

Can I still add new plugins to my site without any issues?

-R

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 23 '14
ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
If you add updated plugins, this will cause error and malfunctioning as the core should be updated first. 
Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14
Ross, you should not keep putting "Answered" after a users question. Only the user should do that if he or she feels that there question is truly answered.

Read_it......

I would stay with version 1.5.3 until they get things working! Don’t update any plugins, save all of your current plugins. This is like the Heath Care roll out! BAD NEWS!

Wilson

read_it
read_it Jan 13 '14
Quote from Wilson Ross, you should not keep putting "Answered" after a users question. Only the user should do that if he or she feels that there question is truly answered.

Read_it......

I would stay with version 1.5.3 until they get things working! Don’t update any plugins, save all of your current plugins. This is like the Heath Care roll out! BAD NEWS!

Wilson

Totally agree. 

I don't want to update to the 1.6 update, thats why I'm asking this question.

ross Team
ross Jan 14 '14
Wilson, We have our own mark-up and we're going to stick to it. Answered does not mean Solved. Answered means somebody took care of the post creator case. 

Read_it, didn't I answer you question? You asked whether you can install new plugins. I answered you what that can lead to. 

If that not enough, please elaborate your request. 

read_it
read_it Jan 14 '14
Maybe I didn't clarify too well. I want to buy a new plugin from the store, can I add it without issue?
admin
admin Jan 19 '14
probably not read it! be carefull, I had an extremely adverse situation whereby I tried to update a new version of a newsfeed plugin, "it broke my site"!! Just by trying to update one plug-in....ross is correct in that regard. to correct the problem I had to update the entire core to the 1.6 version.......be careful, this was an awful experience.
Pete
Pete Jan 19 '14
WHY OR YOU CALLING YOURSELF ADMIN? People on the forum or going to think you or in charge of oxwall
ross Team
ross Jan 22 '14
Read_it, you can contact developer and ask him to provide a compatible plugin. 
read_it
read_it Jan 22 '14
thanks Ross, question answered !