We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HELP...I WANT TO DOWNGRADE FROM 1.6 TO 1.5.3..IS THERE A WAY ? [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 12 '14
Guys,

This Past 5 Days it has been HELL for me with 1.6 i have been getting error after error with 1.6 i just cant take it anymore :

1. Website Crashing after Update
2. Conflicts of Plugins not working with 1.6
3. Usage of High Server Resources by Oxwall Plugins cause of slow DB Queries to an extent that my website got shutdown by my hosting company for abuse of CPU usage
4. Oxwall Newsfeed mulfunctioning
5. Mobile & Site Dashboard Errors

I have been dreaming "Internal 500 Error" these past few days cause its all i get. So to avoid any damage to my site i just want to downgrade :(

....The list is endless...I just cant take it anymore, is there a way to downgrade to Oxwall 1.5.3 please anyone if there is a way let me know because i have had it.

I appreacite the effort oxwall put in to get 1.6 but the 1.6 is not working to what we expected.

My question is if i update my plugins in 1.5.3 after i downgrade will it cause any issues ?

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 13 '14
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 12 '14
If you did a back up of 1.5.3 before you updated to 1.6 then just download http://www.oxwall.org/dl/oxwall-1.5.3.zip again. and run your backup. 

Quote from Webster Molaudi My question is if i update my plugins in 1.5.3 after i downgrade will it cause any issues ?

I have no idea what your trying to say here tho. 

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 12 '14
Hi Randel,

What i mean is ...since 1.6 is causing issue i want to downgrade to 1.5.3 so if i downgrade and update all plugins will they work well on 1.5.3 or the updates they have were meant for 1.6 ?
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 12 '14
Ok now i got ya, 

Yeah the plugin updates where for 1.6, I'd dare say. I'd think it unlikely all plugin devs released an update for 1.5.3 on the same day 1.6 came out. 

Pete
Pete Jan 12 '14
All plugins or going to be updated to 1.6 very soon,so I think you or making big mistake going back
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 12 '14
Cool. 
The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Jan 19 '14
ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
Webster, 

Yes, you'll have many unpredictable issues if you just upgrade plugins. Can you please provide us with the details of your problems?

2. Conflicts of Plugins not working with 1.6 - native plugins or third-party developers plugins cause conflicts?
3. Usage of High Server Resources by Oxwall Plugins cause of slow DB Queries to an extent that my website got shutdown by my hosting company for abuse of CPU usage - can you please contact your provider and ask them for the statistics what exactly causes high CPU usage?
4. Oxwall Newsfeed mulfunctioning  - what exactly does not work properly?
5. Mobile & Site Dashboard Errors- please copy the error here

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 13 '14
Hi Ross,

Have  a look here : http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15538
Quote from ross Webster, 

Yes, you'll have many unpredictable issues if you just upgrade plugins. Can you please provide us with the details of your problems?

2. Conflicts of Plugins not working with 1.6 - native plugins or third-party developers plugins cause conflicts?
3. Usage of High Server Resources by Oxwall Plugins cause of slow DB Queries to an extent that my website got shutdown by my hosting company for abuse of CPU usage - can you please contact your provider and ask them for the statistics what exactly causes high CPU usage?
4. Oxwall Newsfeed mulfunctioning  - what exactly does not work properly?
5. Mobile & Site Dashboard Errors- please copy the error here

ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
Ok, please wait for the reply from Aliya. 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 13 '14
ok thanks
Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14
So what about if a plugin dose REAL changes to it and you really need to update it for the changes not related to 1.6. Will you still get unpredictable issues if we still run 1.5.3 version?

Wilson
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jan 13 '14
He isnt the only one havng issues I did the update and my site crashed has been down the past 4 days and my members who have paid memberships arent too happy, My site has been  white screened for the past 4 days and I have no clue on how to fix it, Im new to this side of running of a website and what I thought was to be a easy update has put my site down. SO any help in a timely fashion would be appreciated.
Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14

Amber S/Liz M

I would contact your hosting company where you have your site. They should be able to restore your website and its database to its previous condition before you tried the update to 1.6 version. Don’t update any plugins as they have issues if you’re NOT running 1.6 version. Read around in the forum and see what others are talking about when it comes to updating to 1.6 version.

Back everything up! If you don’t know how then ask your hosting company, they will show you the way!

If you need more detailed information on this issue, please feel free to ask and I will do my best in helping.

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 21 '14
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jan 13 '14
Ive been doing the reading today  and a little disappointed from what Ive read and the issue other site owners are having and am having my hosting company back up the site to its previous version considering on my admin panel on the site plugin updates dont pop up dont think updating them will be a issue lol
ross Team
ross Jan 20 '14
Amber, 

If you still have the problem, please enable the debug mode and copy the errors here, so we could assist you. We need more details to proceed. 

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jan 22 '14
I appreciate the offer but we did a back up restore debug mode wasnt even bringing up the issue so instead of losing members and memberships we backed the site up :)