We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site-Wide Blog | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mike
Mike Jul 22 '11
I know that you guys offer blogs on the communities, however friend and I were wondering if it's possible to get a Global Blog that all users would see? We're planning on doing a Dev Blog and need all users to see it.
The Forum post is edited by Mike Jul 22 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 22 '11
Should be simple by just allowing guests to view blog posts in the permissions of user roles
Mike
Mike Jul 23 '11
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, Is there anyway We can get just one blog viewable to guests?
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 24 '11
Currently permissions don't allow for that kind of privacy permission configuration.
Oxwall have revamped their permissions in Ox 1.2 so we should wait until then to see what happens.

What would be nice is a PHPBB3 plugin that will bridge and monitor a PHPBB3 forum site and integrate well into Oxwall.
Shelle
Shelle Nov 8 '11
I want to keep user blogs but also need a main blog that all users can go to. Wouldn't it be just as simple as the admin writing a blog and adding a main blog title to the navigation??? How do you add a url/link to the navigation?? Or, am I under thinking this??
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 8 '11
You can add links to pages either in or out of your site in the pages section within the oxwall admin panel.
Shelle
Shelle Nov 8 '11
Ahh - got it. Thank you, Michael.

So, in essence, I could create a subdomain WP blog and a subdomain Tomato Cart store and integrate it into the site using pages. Right?

That's what I'm attempting - already got the Tomato Cart on a subdomain. My next few issues will be seamlessly making all 3 look/feel the same - which is freaking me out. LOL
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 8 '11
I'm not sure how tomato cart works but you can if they have like a bit of code that is either ajax or an (i)frame that can be pasted into a html page then it will work. 

Similar one i was using 
http://www.ecwid.com/ works.

As for a site wide blog you can always do what Oxwall does and link to a wordpress install, you will have to login to wordpress too but if its only the site owner then no issues right?
Shelle
Shelle Nov 8 '11
Tomato Cart does use ajax but I am completely lost on how to do this. I'll research it when I get to that point.

I did notice that Oxwall uses a subdomain for their blog, too. :)

I am REALLY enjoying Oxwall! It rocks!