We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

error manager [Solved] | Forum

ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 13 '14

i get this when i do a new install of oxwall 1.6

when i finish and go to the admin area i see a theme 'Origin'  and plugin slideshow update.

when i wanna do that i see the error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED' in /home/jongchat/domains/jongerenchat.com/public_html/new/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 140

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 15 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 14 '14
This notice appear because of your PHP version ( most likely your PHP version is lower then 5.3).

1. Find out your version of PHP using steps 1,2,3 under "GD Library" section of this manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:captcha-troubleshooting

2. If your version of PHP is lower then 5.3, check whether your hosting company can update it for you.

If your host can not update PHP version to 5.3, open error_manager.php mentioned in your error notice and add "//" before following line:

case E_DEPRECATED:

So overall you should have:

//case E_DEPRECATED:
ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 15 '14
Thank you that works.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
Note: we have fixed this in the latest pack available in "Downloads" section right now ( change was done after Jan.8th).
Mark Zevenster
Mark Zevenster Jan 15 '14
Does not work for me at all still get the same message!

Mark
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
Mark, can you provide screen shot of your error_manager.php file where you commended out case E_DEPRECATED ?
Ed Domich
Ed Domich Jan 16 '14
Worked for me!