We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CAN A SITE OWNER GET A REFUND FROM DEVELOPERS IF PLUGINS DONT WORK AS ADVERTISED ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 19 '14
Hi Guys,

Im faced with a Big Problem here....Few months back i spent $60 ( $30 for each Plugin ) on plugins from a company that does Oxwall plugins but the plugins only work for a week then they stop. Each time i ask the developers to fix they always come back with stories of  :

1. My Cronjobs dont work
2. There's an error on my site

Since 1.5.3 i have been talking to them back to back and each time the results :

1. Either their plugins crush my site
2. Either the plugins give errors
3. Either their plugins causes other plugins not to work that work

Oxwall Member Aliia helped me and went out of her way to fix my site during the 1.6. problems i had only to see the developer plugin caused the issues, i contacted the developer about it to fix and they were not replying for a week and i sent another email asking what's happening still silence when  i gave a bad review on their plugin then they responded, noticed they were working on my site today at 5:30am when i tried to access my site http://www.myvirgo.info  and i was greeted with a

1. Fatal Error refreshed after 5 minutes then got
2. a blank white space in and couldn't access my site refreshed after 5 minutes
3. Then i noticed my Newsfeed on my homepage has disappeared

Even though the newsfeed is active i still cant see it on my home nor dashboard. The Developer didn't even fix my newsfeed they left my site blank like that, see my homepage at http://www.myvirgo.info, i have this big empty space on my homepage and dashboard. Now the developer says the newsfeed was not activated but i assure you it was activated cause Oxwall fixed it for me and said it was caused by the developer's plugin.

I have 100 plugins that  i bought from small developers on oxwall and some i got for free from and always when i had issues with their plugins they always fixed it on time and accommodated other plugins on my site to work with it so that no plugin is causing another not to work, But the company that i bought the plugins from for $60 all their plugins either :

1. Causes other plugins not to work when activated or
2. Dont work at all or
3. they crush my site

One of their plugins does not worked for 24 hours that i bought and another only work 2 / 3 days and it stop each time i speak to them they blame it on my :

1. Cronjobs
2. There is an error on my site

My cronjobs works fine cause and it wasn't working i doubt some plugins would not work ..... so my question is the developer can't fix the issue with their plugins can i get a refund because its been almost 4/5 months without using their plugins so clearly i paid for nothing and for $30 each i expected great support and customer service but looks like thats not the case.

Because for me to spend $60 its a lot in my country's currency its enough to pay for a child's school fees it might seem little to them but to me its a lot of money. :(

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 19 '14
risha
risha Jan 19 '14
What are the plugins ? URI of demo site ? 

Asking so that, we can avoid buying from them. Thanks.

Abbey
Abbey Jan 20 '14
Yes, contact the developer and ask for a refund.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 27 '14
The plugins are Social Stream & Ultimate News
Wish i could give you a demo site but they dont have...!!!

Quote from risha What are the plugins ? URI of demo site ? 

Asking so that, we can avoid buying from them. Thanks.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 1 '14
Well they are refusing to give me a refund...!!!.....Oxwall should really find a way for issues like these so we dont get ripped off like this :(
Quote from Abbey Yes, contact the developer and ask for a refund.

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 1 '14
i have said in another post oxwall needs a test site for all developers to test there plugins and comparability with each other 
and the plugin tested by a few testers i even put my hand up to be a tester 
it took me months and months to get 1.53 working now the same shit plugins conflicting and the same pain of going to developers and trying to get it fixed 
and if any the oxwall team reads this i will be happy to host the test site on my server for free anything to make oxwall life better
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 1 '14
I agree, there should be a pre-testing phase for plugins before they become available in the store, this would make our lives easier and not be ripped off by fly-by-nights developers who only want to make a quick buck.

Quote from Tammy i have said in another post oxwall needs a test site for all developers to test there plugins and comparability with each other 
and the plugin tested by a few testers i even put my hand up to be a tester 
it took me months and months to get 1.53 working now the same shit plugins conflicting and the same pain of going to developers and trying to get it fixed 
and if any the oxwall team reads this i will be happy to host the test site on my server for free anything to make oxwall life better

Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Feb 1 '14
ok, webster, I have asked developer plugin explanation about this post.

and I am asking you explanations about your review :

You should get this for your network

I bought this plugins and im loving it, keeps my networks busy and updated with activities from other socials so my members dont need to go out to see what their friends are doing on other networks :) My Newsfeed is always fresh and has new updates always :) which shows an active site.

Which is the only review they have on their page for selling their "Social Stream" plugin.

The Forum post is edited by Lech Sakhar Feb 1 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Is this anything related to my plugins?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Webster,

Are you fair enough to reply for my messages for my pending payment for the custom development? You owe me money and do I have to beg you around you for that? I have trying to get it from your for more than a year.

So you be fair and expect others to be fair. If I am not getting any response, I am going to remove all your plugin licenses.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 1 '14
webster,

If you owe another developer money i dont think you actually have a right to ask a refund. like Purusothaman said be fair to be treated fair 

Walter
Walter Feb 1 '14
You're also asking in the wrong forum. Oxwall isn't responsible for the plugins by the developers.
Discount dollars
Discount dollars Feb 1 '14
i also asked for refund i have not heard anything yet its been a week so i just reported them to paypal
Pete
Pete Feb 1 '14
Just give them bad feedback on the forum if thy wont give you a refund .
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Feb 1 '14
Quote from Pete Just give them bad feedback on the forum if thy wont give you a refund .
IT actually won't work ..

few month ago i bought the facebook theme from roxwall ,later he removed my license .same he did with 2 more users

when we created a bad reviews and forums about him . he removed theme from store and later on he submitted it again with new name 

and even more oxwall removed topic from public forums as well (may be on his demand or idk )

there is no buyers right in oxwall

Sammy
Sammy Feb 1 '14
i dont know what to say. a refund should be pay back. it is bad that a plugin can cause too much damage to a site that has given time, energy and money to setup. i have bought plugins  from purusothaman and they are very good.
A refund should be given to you.
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Feb 1 '14
Quote from Sammy i dont know what to say. a refund should be pay back. it is bad that a plugin can cause too much damage to a site that has given time, energy and money to setup. i have bought plugins  from purusothaman and they are very good.

simply a buyer should give chance to fix problems to developer with all details which a dev needs ,if its not fixed (no matter server fault/php faults /sql faults ) devs should give a refund .. 
Discount dollars
Discount dollars Feb 1 '14
CROOKS
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 1 '14
Quote from RAHUL verma
Quote from Sammy i dont know what to say. a refund should be pay back. it is bad that a plugin can cause too much damage to a site that has given time, energy and money to setup. i have bought plugins  from purusothaman and they are very good.

simply a buyer should give chance to fix problems to developer with all details which a dev needs ,if its not fixed (no matter server fault/php faults /sql faults ) devs should give a refund .. 

I do not believe the a developer should fix sever faults for free to get there plugin to work 
developers should charge you to fix your server. 

I would think just about every developer is just about as pissed of as us customers 
with plugin conflicts. 

look at both sides of the picture
as a developer 
make a plugin that people will like and enjoy 
and works fine with all default oxwall plugin
but then because customers have all different plugins and settings on there site 
they start copping shit that there plugin does not work and have to spend hours of there time trying to fix it by doing the hard way going costumers sites ftp and so on 
and fixing individual problems then updating there plugins 
i know if i had to keep doing that i would get so dam pissed off and quickly 

as a customer
wow oxwall is great but i need some cool plugins and go and buy some 
install them and shit my site has crashed 
help help help 
or it screws something else up and have to ask the developer to fix it 
while your site is down or all screwed up your pissed of level is rising 
and your asking your self why is oxwall and plugin developers using me and my site as a test site 
or your have been an oxwaller for a wile and have built up members on your oxwall site 
and wow a plugin needs updating i wounder what cool stuff is added to it and run the update and shit my site is crashed, your members soon get pissed off and dont come back. 
i have lost so many member is not funny i am talking thousands and thousands.

oxwall please pull your fingers out  and make a test site
do the right thing by developers and customer
oxwall will be a lot happier place more developers will make more cool plugins

make a test site that developers can install there plugins and chech for conflicts once there are happy with there plugin they submit for testing
once a plugin is approved its allowed for the plugin  store and its moved to a plugin vault on the test site and is left up and running so the next developer can test his plugin comparability with it and all the rest of the plugins already approved

once the testing site is up and running pull every plugin from the store yes every dam one of them
so the developer has to run his plogin through the test site for it to get back into the store i know some developers will be pissed off with this but in the long run will be so much better for them
once there plugin is approved and tested as ok no more costumers complane my site has crashed
if a costumer is have problem then its there server setup or what they have custom changes it there scripts custom ccs for example

and all plugin updates have to run through the test site    
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 1 '14
Webster Molaudi i do feel your pain 

same as you i got another bullshit answer from younet 
has been going around and around for months 
there plugin just does not work and i keep getting bullshit answers

some days i would rather pull my own teeth out then have to deal with all the crap
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked