We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Move Suggested Friends Widget to sidebar | Forum

Miroslav
Miroslav Jan 22 '14

Hello, 

with oxwall just beginning. Therefore, I would like to ask whether it is possible to move this widget to sidebar theme. 

Thank you 

Using theme: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/31

Widget plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/331

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 22 '14
on the index page click customize page and then drag the widget to the sidebar 
Miroslav
Miroslav Jan 23 '14
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) on the index page click customize page and then drag the widget to the sidebar 

thx, 
but to the sidebar on the right ("My profile, Add new" See screen) can not move the widgets. it will probably be inserted into the code?
Attachments:
  sidebar.PNG (168.49Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 10 '14
Miroslav, you can add any widget to the Index page using the following strings:

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('COMPONENT_NAME', false);
$placeWidget = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_INDEX);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_LEFT);

But, we suggest that contact this plugin developer and ask them to assist you with it.
Miroslav
Miroslav Mar 17 '14

Hello, 

thanks for responding. I want to ask what is "$widgetService" ? Btw I need it moved to the left panel

The Forum post is edited by Miroslav Mar 17 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 19 '14
Miroslav, if you open any activate.php files of the plugins which add their widgets - you will see that the $widgetService is the variable that uses the BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance(); method which is described in /ow_system_plugins/base/bol/component_admin_service.php file.

Once you add this widget to the Index page - you will be able to move it to the Sidebar.

As for the question related to the left panel - as far as I've understood, you want to place the sidebar to the left side and move it inside of the content. Then the sidebar and its content will show up on all pages on the left side within the content.  If I took you correctly, you need make changes in the theme master pages.
Admin thexsite
Admin thexsite Oct 27 '18
Daisy, where is the index page you are refering to ? I did change the code as you say, however, apparently the code is pointing to other strings and i have a bugging issue. i'm assuming we need to write the reference to this new widget somewhere in 'ow_core/.....' do you have any comment on this matter ?

I mean, in which the code you are refering to need to be added, in the Activate.php file of the according plugin ? or somehere else ? :

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('COMPONENT_NAME', false);
$placeWidget = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_INDEX);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_LEFT);

The Forum post is edited by Admin thexsite Oct 27 '18
sandeep
sandeep Nov 9 '18
 Activate.php file of the according plugin
ali
ali Apr 11 '23
В Арт Академи в София, децата могат да се научат на различни техники за рисуване, керамика, крафт с полимерна глина и много други изкуствени дейности. През последните години, училището се е утвърдило като един от най-добрите центрове за изкуство за деца в София. Една от големите предимства на Арт Академи е, че децата не само могат да се забавляват, но и да учат много полезни умения като търпение, точност и творческо мислене. Децата могат да се развиват в своите умения и да изразят своята индивидуалност. В Арт Академи има и опитни учители, които ще насочат децата и ще им помогнат да развият своя талант. Всички материали и оборудване, необходими за изкуството, са на разположение в училището. Арт Академи
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
You can call us immediately after the windshield suffers the impact that breaks it, and we will respond as soon as possible. Fence Company of Roseville
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
Preventative maintenance is vital to any business because it’s less expensive than waiting for something to break down and cause larger issues. Bozeman Mobile Truck Repair