We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

moving static files | Forum

Mohammad
Mohammad Jan 23 '14
Hello

an admin which has a popular social network told me his social is growing fast and needs to move static data(files like pictures and etc...). he asked me how he can do it

I'm not an Oxwall expert and didn't know the answer actually but I knew that it's possible with making a plugin(which is hard to handle all situation with a plugin)

and then I thought Oxwall is designed for serving in worldwide and surely developers knew that they have to prepare Oxwall for bigger communities,so the developers should thought  about these kind of situation,therefore Oxwall must have an easier option for get this done

Can one of the developers or someone has information about this guide me to right direction ?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Mohammad Jan 23 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 10 '14
Mohammad, you can store your static data on Cloud storage system. Please read these articles: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cloud_hosting
Mohammad
Mohammad Mar 10 '14
Thanks Daisy for reply

when we active Cloud storage system,it move all static data to cloud storage ? I mean no static data will added to server ?

Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 11 '14
Yes, all the files which are placed in the ow_userfiles directory will be stored on the cloud server. But, before you switch to the cloud server, you should move the existing ow_userfiles directory from your server to the cloud one.
Mohammad
Mohammad Mar 11 '14
Thanks Daisy for your reply.it helped so much
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 12 '14
You are welcome.
farhan
farhan Sep 27 '23
Our storage facilities are secure and monitored for your peace of mind, and we offer flexible scheduling options to accommodate your moving timeline. Our local knowledge of Philadelphia enables efficient route planning and navigation, making your move as smooth as possible. Long Distance Moving Services