We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile App | Forum

Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jan 23 '14
How can i turn my oxwall site into a mobile app. This is much needed. Android and iOS. Someone please help me.
Joseph
Joseph Jan 30 '14
if you are willing to invest money into your project I suggest http://fiverr.com/ttzachii/build-a-mobile-app they made us a great starter app and can even do more custom modifications if you need
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jan 30 '14
how much did you pay
Joseph
Joseph Jan 30 '14
I got the iphone and android app and I paid for extras like using my own artwork and bought extra pages and paid a total of 95 dollars I didn't need the app store add-ons because I knwo how to submit my apps but if you need them they are about a hundred a piece but the ios one is worth it considering its 100 dollars to apply for the app store and you may not get approved he guarantees approval
Joseph
Joseph Jan 30 '14
the app he built me can be previewed http://wickednation.4yourmobile.com/
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Jan 31 '14
Is there a way to add Credit Transfers and ShopPRO plugins into Android app for Ox site to allow spend credits for users via mobile?
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Jan 31 '14
They made you a website into an app. Its not professional and native. It looked like u only paid $100. I need something that's native but works on all platforms.
Den Team
Den Feb 4 '14
Topic was moved from Custom Oxwall Projects.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Kris They made you a website into an app. Its not professional and native. It looked like u only paid $100. I need something that's native but works on all platforms.

Its possible to code once and make them to work in all platforms. I will be posting the Proof-of-concept in this week in the forum.
dave Leader
dave Feb 9 '14
Puru yes please keep us updated, i would really love to see that post of yours. Please share the link when you are done :) 
iHands Company
iHands Company Aug 14 '14
Here is a new mobile iOS/Android application for Oxwall at http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/939

It named iMod Oxwall. I think you guys will be happy with its features

Curtis
Curtis Aug 15 '14

Joseph, I hate to say it but you've been ripped off. The person who made your app just used http://www.como.com/.

Kris Corp
Kris Corp Aug 15 '14
Lol yea. Im more of a perfectionist. That app isnt good. I like professional work.
Joseph
Joseph Aug 15 '14
well you live and learn the app I had at the time wasnt as good as what was built there and I paid around a 100 yes but thanks for the info I will use this in the future and yes I was very aware that the app wasnt native I have been searching for someone to build a native app 
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Aug 15 '14
The app in the store is super awesome. I love it. Worth the money. I tried it out.
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Aug 17 '14
lol i just might. The app in the store works well but still missing features. I dont want to be average.
Hareesh Reddy
Hareesh Reddy Nov 30 '17
There are plenty of freelancing site where you can go to. They will convert your Oxwall website into a sleek iOS/Android app in just couple of days. Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance are some options you can choose from.

The Forum post is edited by Hareesh Reddy Nov 30 '17
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '17

Quote from Hareesh Reddy There are plenty of freelancing site where you can go to. They will convert your Oxwall website into a sleek iOS/Android app in just couple of days. Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance are some options you can choose from.

Yes but be carefull, buyer beware always.  I have heard stories of devs from some of those sites and others taking the money up front and then vanishing as well as stories of them giving you the presentation you want but on the inside the coding is total hack and wont stand up.  Just always do your research on any dev you hire first.
Belington
Belington Mar 15 '18
Upwork also a good place for this kind of issue. try there. :)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 21 '20

I was reading but it does not let you see more than 60 seconds and it crashes if you do not register. And I do not register if I am not interested in that later they send me a lot of spam.

For the little they let see, it does not seem interesting because it is not about "converting" a website into APP, nor of being able to view it (any phone or tablet already does that)

The problem is that a social network made with OxWall is designed for large screens and has many widgets, menus and things that are very beautiful but that on a phone you need a microscope.

It is a design problem. OxWall did a good job with the "mobile version" but was half-developed. There is no "sidebar", there are no "widgets" ... the idea is perfect, you can access with any browser without APPS, without installing software and without censorship that put the app stores to websites with adult content.

Pages: 1 2 »