We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update of inactive Plugin | Forum

Honsa
Honsa Jul 29 '11
If I tried to update some inactive plugins I received the following error message:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:There is no active plugin with key `forum`File:/var/www/vhosts/oxwall/ow_core/plugin_manager.phpLine:85Trace:#0 /oxwall/ow_plugins/forum/update/3873/update.php(40): OW_PluginManager->getPlugin('forum') #1 /oxwall/ow_updates/index.php(162): include('/var/www/vhosts...') #2 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

After I changed the value of isActive in ow_base_plugin the update worked fine
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 29 '11
yeah this happened to me a while back.  Plugins need to be active! 
Den Team
Den Aug 1 '11
Yes, you are able to update only active plugins. Do you see update button on inactive plugin?
Dantes
Dantes Aug 1 '11
yes...inactive plug in shows the info too...i lost my site for this the other day
has to restore from backup but everything ok now
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 1 '11
u can jump in thru the database and make it from inactive to active just for the duration to get the plugin updated!
Dantes
Dantes Aug 1 '11
im seriously thinking about learning database management :P
Honsa
Honsa Aug 1 '11
the update option is displayed on inactive plugins, right now 

just set isActive over the database to handle this problem 

@Dantes its not very complicating, start with normalization ;)
The Forum post is edited by Honsa Aug 1 '11
Den Team
Den Aug 2 '11
Update option was removed in 1.2.2 :)
Rachel
Rachel Jan 18 '23
Inactive plugins are still executable files and in the case of hacking attempts, which are becoming more common, these files can get infected or can be used to install malware on your website. If you remove them you decreases your threat of allowing hackers access to these files.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Rachel
Rachel Mar 17 '23
You can install these updates by visiting the Plugins » Installed Plugins page. You will see a notification below each plugin that has updates available for you to install. You can just click on the 'Update Now' link to install each update.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez