We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Rating Publishers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Jeff
Jeff Jan 30 '14
After recent issues I have had with a particular publisher it would be nice if there was a way to rate a publisher and not just a plugin. I would not want to get a 4-5 star plugin from a 1-2 star rated publisher. It would be nice if there was a reputation rating sort of like what eBay has for sellers. You would still have rating and reviews per plugin but also per publisher. This would help you avoid publishers with bad customer support.

This might help work out a lot of the issues people are having with the store and plugins that have very little reviews. If I see a plugin with one 5-star review and that's it I probably will avoid a purchase from now on after being screwed over a few times by crap devs.

/rant

Den Team
Den Feb 3 '14
Thanks for proposal Jeff. It sounds reasonable. It could be also useful to display user's rating on forum as it will notify others about the level of user's experience. This is something should be organized within the community to avoid, as you said, bad customer support. We will think about the way to implement this. 
Jeff
Jeff Feb 4 '14
Quote from Den Thanks for proposal Jeff. It sounds reasonable. It could be also useful to display user's rating on forum as it will notify others about the level of user's experience. This is something should be organized within the community to avoid, as you said, bad customer support. We will think about the way to implement this. 

Thank you Den. I appreciate the comments. I think it is reasonable to want to support community members who are known for good support and solid products. I'm glad you agree!
alex castillo
alex castillo Feb 4 '14
no plugin providers that are excellent but others are neglected problems of customers
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Also there should be options to developers to add comments for plugin feedback or report the feedback.

Some users add FALSe negative feedbacks due to other unrelated and personal issues.

Personally I welcome users to add their honest feedback.. both positive and negative. But what makes it look bad is some unrleated reasons and just "a word" feedback that "plugin does not work".
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 16 '14
And address sellers from granting themselves plugins to alter feedback ratings

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 16 '14
I agree, this will be mostly welcomed after been screwed over with other publishers. And i believe some publishers have fake accounts to rate their own plugins. Another thing is to have sites or rather enforce a Demo site for all plugins to see how it works. Its pointless to have a demo site with only that plugin because once you buy and install on your site that has other plugins we normally get plugin conflicts.

It would be nice if the publisher tells us if a plugin conflicts with another before you buy.

Thanks
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 17 '14
Thats the issue Webster. We cant always be aware of every bug. This is just how open source works. We are doing a decent job of using our forums and feedback to weed out bad developers but for the most part you will always find small conflicts. Its how the development team behind the plugin treat the issues. Make sure you read feedback and more importantly make sure you leave feedback too. I am amazed at how many people don't leave feedback on here and some of them even post bout how sellers need to be rated better. (not this post) 

So I Agree 100% with you except for the publishers letting you know of all conflicts. Thats just not possible as if they are known they should be fixed.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
+1
Quote from OxwallAccessories Thats the issue Webster. We cant always be aware of every bug. This is just how open source works. We are doing a decent job of using our forums and feedback to weed out bad developers but for the most part you will always find small conflicts. Its how the development team behind the plugin treat the issues. Make sure you read feedback and more importantly make sure you leave feedback too. I am amazed at how many people don't leave feedback on here and some of them even post bout how sellers need to be rated better. (not this post) 

So I Agree 100% with you except for the publishers letting you know of all conflicts. Thats just not possible as if they are known they should be fixed.

Den Team
Den Apr 23 '14
+1 to OxwallAccessories

This is something we are going to sort with upcoming Store updates. Developers will be able to argue reviews with moderation team. 

Kostia
Kostia Aug 8 '14
Really good idea..some off them ( developers) are earned very big MINUS