We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

privacy issues & blog bugs | Forum

ricardo
ricardo Feb 1 '14
hello all
i am noticing this problem, users post something either on "my dashboard" or "main" the content of such post is visible to user that are no friends.
major privacy issue...
this situation also happens with events
any solution for it?

also, i notice this bug, on blog section users registered "normal way" are able to add blog entries, and other user i have been testing who i register with facebook conect isnt able to add blogs... the tags show up on the tags widget but the blog doesnt show up anywere if i go thru blog on menu...
example
http://www.solocochesclasicos.net/.../ricardon  ; the blogs are visible

logged in with same user i go to http://www.solocochesclasicos.net/carbook/blogs the blogs from that user arent visible anywhere...
any idea why this happens?

best regards
ricardo
ricardo Feb 1 '14
Just an update, the blogs are only visible to same user if i change in privacy "to everyone", if its only me or friends the user himself cant see its own blog entries.
thanks

ricardo
ricardo Feb 1 '14
on the go...
it happens the same has blog to videos page...
could please someone help me with this bug on (has far has i can understand) on privacy plugin.
best regards

ricardo
ricardo Feb 1 '14
on photos it happens this...
i publish photos with a user and it respects privacy and is only shown to friends, but i cannot see my own photos on photos section...

ricardo
ricardo Feb 1 '14
on photos it happens this...
i publish photos with a user and it respects privacy and is only shown to friends, but i cannot see my own photos on photos section...

ricardo
ricardo Feb 4 '14
any help would be appreciated
thanks

ross Team
ross Feb 27 '14
can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, as none of the stated above cannot be reproduced, so we could check thanks. 
Richard
Richard Mar 28 '14

Hi

I'm also experiencing similar issues; I have installed the privacy plugin but if I set the permissions to anything else other than 'Everybody', all content subsequently added to photo/blog/video etc is no longer viewable from those pages; the page just says 'no x found'.

I would appreciate any advice as the ability for members to control who can see their content is essential.

Thanks

ross Team
ross Mar 31 '14
Richard, can you please PM me your admin details? I'll try to reproduce this issue on your website. Because we can't do that on our test websites and demo. 
Richard
Richard Apr 7 '14

Hi Ross

Any progress?  I have PM'd you with my admin details, did you receive them ok?

Thanks

Richard

ross Team
ross Apr 7 '14
I already replied, you have 1.5.2 version update your software to 1.6 most of the issues if not all of them have already been fixed.