We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New Newsfeed does not work with smart phones | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lazlo
Lazlo Jul 30 '11
Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to announce that the new newsfeed does not work with the smart phones. I mean you cannot type a new comment or reply. This is a huge let down at least for my users. Can anyone confirm they are experiencing the same issue. Please let me know. This is very disappointing.
Dantes
Dantes Jul 30 '11
thats true
like the space to "click" and write it wasnt there
i apply the 1.2.1 version and reinstall macabre but still not response from my iphone
any ideas how to work with this?
razzberry
razzberry Jul 30 '11
1.1.1 works well with my iphone. erg. theres something else outside the comet chat i'll be working on. heh
Lazlo
Lazlo Jul 30 '11
Yeah It does not work. On smart phone it does not trigger the keyboard when you click to type. This is a Major Issue a lot of users use smart phones. I spend the whole day on my site on my iphone. Please help someone. I went as far as reinstalled the old newsfeed but it reverted back to the new one
Anthony
Anthony Jul 30 '11
Doesn't work on my iPhone 4 either.
Lazlo
Lazlo Jul 31 '11
This is a HUGE problem. We need the Oxwall team to take a look at it ASAP
Lazlo
Lazlo Jul 31 '11
I would even like to reverse back to the old Newsfeed atleast for now if there is no fix.
Lazlo
Lazlo Aug 3 '11
Anybody have any suggestions?
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 3 '11
anyone tried to disable rich formatting thingy?  That may get the mobile site working again!
Dantes
Dantes Aug 3 '11
thats a question or a fact?
Crystal
Crystal Nov 6 '11
Any comments from Dev team???
Den Team
Den Nov 7 '11
With next updates, newsfeed works on mobile phones. We didn't specially test it, but it should work on iphone well.
Heinz
Heinz Nov 29 '11
Quote from Addenster With next updates, newsfeed works on mobile phones. We didn't specially test it, but it should work on iphone well.

The Forum post is edited by Heinz Nov 29 '11
Envira
Envira Nov 29 '11
i face the same problem,not  working on my iphone
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 30 '11
What exactly doesn't work in Newsfeed? Just checked and everything works fine. What Oxwall version do you use? What browser do you use? 
Heinz
Heinz Jan 15 '12
Newest version of Oxwall will not pop up the keyboard screen when using a mobile browser beit Iphone 4 or LG Optimus 3D (Android) You can enter text into the title, but not any WYSIWYG section. This is a valid bug and I believe it is being worked on.
As you can see from my post above, you can attach an image, you just cannot enter text into a WYSIWYG section. What is odd is some sections work.
So a temporary fix may be to disable WYSIWYG... Thoughts? How would one do this?
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 16 '12
I tested WYSIWYG on iPhone 4 by myself - it works flawlessly. What Oxwall build are you using?
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 8 '12
I get the idea of what you guys are talking about. Our team will do everything possible to make WYSIWYG work properly on all smartphones and tablets soon.
Pages: 1 2 »