We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

News Feed Image Size | Forum

TeamX
TeamX Feb 5 '14
Hello Every one, 

AS we know that Oxwall News Feed Plugin have a great Demerit That..

When a user upload an image in the News Feed, the image is automatically re-sized to 150 x 150 px.. This is not Good.

As we know in Facebook the Uploaded image automatically resized to Landscape or Portrait in respect to the Image.

Or in the FB News Feed the images are showing in a Good Size and clarity, but why its not in Oxwall News Feed.

So anyone please help me to fix this issue

Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 25 '14
I'd like to know how todo this as well, there was a post in the forum somewhere with a tut on someones website showing you how to resize the image - i followed the steps but the pics quality came out horrid so i removed the code changes. 

However looking at one of the new themes in the store by OwVisuals i think that was the designer of the theme he has pulled it off and the image resizes really well. 

here is the store item : http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/806

here is the demo : http://oxdemo.ow-visuals.com/?layout=facebook_go_dark

im not sure if Ow visuals can help you at all - but he might know more about it seeing as he is doing it in one of his themes.

Arash
Arash Feb 26 '14
Simple;

Just add theese lines to the custom stylesheet:

.ow_newsfeed_large_image .ow_newsfeed_item_picture {    width: auto;    max-width: 100%;    margin-left: 3px;    max-height: 100%;}

Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 26 '14
Tried this didn't work tried in 3 different browsers none worked. is there something im missing.

add the code to the custom css section and save then load the newsfeed ? 

Arash
Arash Feb 27 '14
have you removed the cache? (there is a setting in ow_include/config.php, change the both ow_debug_mode and ow_dev_mode to TRUE).
Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 27 '14
Thanks for reply Arash. I thought i might have to removed the cache, i'll give it a try. :)
Arash
Arash Feb 28 '14
Mark the thread as solved when if it works!

Otherwise I'm glad to help you further:)