We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Embed Video issue on v1.2.1 | Forum

Iheart
Iheart Jul 31 '11
embed code from cnn.com and abcnews.com not working in newsfeed - comments.  No problem with the embed code from youtube.  See issue at www.iheartsharing.com .
The Forum post is edited by Iheart Jul 31 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 31 '11
I looked at your site and see nothing wrong. Even watched the hacker report on the CNN vid!
Iheart
Iheart Jul 31 '11
Mike, that report was posted before the upgrade to v1.2.1.  After the upgrade, our members can't embed in newsfeed.
Den Team
Den Aug 1 '11
You need to add these embed resources in Admin Panel->User settings->Content input
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 1 '11
Oops!  Sorry1  Like Addenster said, check the allowed embedd vids!

@ Addenster, If I were to just stick in the allowed hosts   .COM  would that allow ALL .com sites? and .co.uk and .net and .org blah blah?

or even a button to allow ALL!
The Forum post is edited by Michael Aug 1 '11
Iheart
Iheart Aug 1 '11
I added the domains and subdomains for CNN and it's still not working.  See attached file.  Can you create an account at iheartsharing.com and check it out to see if you can post embed video from CNN/ABCNEWS or If you have any test site that works.  Please let me see it.

Note: I took the CNN's clip source url and put it in iFrame and it seem to work.  But I don't think the users know how to do that.  The embed code for abcnews.com is a mess and I can't even put it in iFrame.
The Forum post is edited by Iheart Aug 2 '11
Attachments:
  user-input domains.jpg (29.75Kb)
Egor Bulgakov Team
Egor Bulgakov Aug 3 '11
I've just joined your site to check what the problem is
and I can see that you are using old version of "Video" plugin on a new version of core.
So you also need to get your plugins updated, you should see plugins update suggestions in your admin panel
Iheart
Iheart Aug 3 '11
Egor, the video plugin is from version 1.1.1.  Should I uninstall the video plugin, delete, and download the video plugin and reinstall?  I have a strong feeling is will not resolve ABCNews embed code.  I upgrade the core to v1.2.2.  CNN embed video work very nicely.  ABCNews codes are too long and messy.  It's twice the words counts as Youtube and CNN.  I don't know if I should give up on their video embed codes.  Is there anywhere in admin panel that I can see what version of video plugin is in use?  It would be nice to see all the updated plugin that need to be update.
The Forum post is edited by Iheart Aug 3 '11
Den Team
Den Aug 9 '11
you can check you video plugin build in 
ow_plugins/video/plugin.xml
Download Video plugin and compare build version from store and your. If you have an old version, you can make a manual update, see here . Also, how did you update your core? Manually or with auto update?