We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do I change the header image?[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mike
Mike Feb 6 '14
I have installed OXWall at http://socialworkcommunities.com/ and I cannot edit the header image. I have a new one that I made, same size exactly but, when I try to use it, it disappears and the whole page slides up as if there is nothing there at all.

How can I change the header image? The one at the top that says "Welcome to our community website"?

EDIT: I have tried changing it using the admin panel. I tried uploading and overwriting the original using the same name but it won't change. When I change it using the admin panel is when it disappears completely. WHen I upload/overwrite the original usng FTP, nothing changes at all.

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 9 '14
Mike
Mike Feb 6 '14
I have tried to upload and overwrite the original image using the same dimensions and file name but it doesn't change for some reason. I'll keep trying, maybe I'll have t edit the header code to a new file name for header image.

Thanks

Mike
Mike Feb 6 '14
Ah ha! That did it, I wasn't uploading to the ow_static directory. Thanks a million!
ross Team
ross Feb 9 '14
Leon +1 Thanks
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Apr 9 '14
I tried uploading to the ow_static directory, but my FTP said "permission denied"

Also, I'm running the Oxwall Compressor plugin if that matters.

The thing is, before my recent move to a new server/host, I WAS able to fully edit the theme, header images, text & link colors from the "edit theme" admin interface. Since the migration to a new server, I can't.
The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Apr 9 '14