We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does it work with 1.6? - Membership Level | Forum

Sean
Sean Feb 6 '14
Does it work with 1.6?
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
I Installed it on Oxwall 1.5.3 yesterday and all the plugin button text said "Level+administrator"  It also said this on the membership level meter on the users pages.  Where the demo version says "Points: 90" mine says "Level+administrator"

I'm going to try to upgrade to 1.6 and see if membership level works then.  Have you made changes to this plugin so that it only works with 1.6?  I'm afraid to upgrade to 1.6 because the last time I did oxwall was fatally buggy.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its not related to oxwall version. It means its a improper install. Lanaguge files are not imported. Either installation is corrupted or not installed well.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
I installed through oxwall by uploading the .zip.  Is there a "proper" way?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Most common reasons are

1) .zip file might be corrupted.
2) If not, the required folders does not have 0777 access to unzip the zip file.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
Ok, I reinstalled and it shows up like it should.  Now I have it set to accumulate points for user activity.  What is user activity?  I've commented on photos and posted statuses and nothign has happened.  Here is the site... http://www.makinganexample.com/index
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its based on the public newsfeed activity. It will be calculated based on the setting you selected.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
Look at my site.  The user test account "Jimbo" has no points even though he has a lot of activity.  Why? 

I have it set to give a student a grade base don how much they post for example E = 0, D= 1, C= 2, B=3, A=4.

I have it set then to award user activity rather than friends.  What am I doing wrong?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
What values are selected in settings page of admin?
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
The membership levels are set as I mentioned... 

0  E<= 0

1  D<= 1

2  C<= 2

3  B<= 3

4  A<= 4

The General Settings are set like this

Points Calculation Type = Number of User Activities

Top users display count per page = 10

The Forum post is edited by Brad Mar 1 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I meant the screenshot of admin settings page will be useful for me.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
If you have enabled Newsfeed activity for Points, users should engage in the newsfeed of other users which will boost traffic for site and encourage activity.

Hope that answers Sir.

I am going to bed now. If any questions, please feel free to msg me here or via private mesaage.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have answered above. Please have a look.

Have a good day.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
Ok, how do you enable newsfeed activity for points?  Don't I already have it set to that.  Just answer me tomorrow.  Have a nice night all the way on the other side of the earth. :-)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You can see a second tab on the admin settings (in the above image).

Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
There are two images above.  I made a screenshot for each tab.  The second tab "General Settings" is in the lower screenshot.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Settings look correct. As said before, users should engage in the newsfeed of other users which will boost traffic for site and encourage activity.

Based on such activity on posting new content on others feed, points is calculated.
Brad
Brad Mar 1 '14
They do engage like that, nothing happens to the meter.  I'll see if upgrading to 1.6 helps.
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic