We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

403 error when trying to embed a youtube video | Forum

Reg Cooper
Reg Cooper Feb 7 '14
I have just installed version 1.6, and testing .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

root@# php -v

PHP 5.3.21 (cli) (built: Feb 18 2013 17:21:20) Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP GroupZend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies    with Suhosin v0.9.33, Copyright (c) 2007-2012, by SektionEins GmbH

--------------------------

Darklets theme.

Has anyone else come across this problem.

Regards, Reg Cooper.

Reg Cooper
Reg Cooper Feb 7 '14
Hi

Just some further information, I was able to post embeded video into the forum, where I am getting this failure,is when Iuse the side menu Video option.

Regards, Reg Cooper.

Reg Cooper
Reg Cooper Feb 7 '14
Ok I found this problem, it was modsecurity rules 340147 &

340148 .

Reg Cooper
Reg Cooper Feb 9 '14
This bug relates to the Video plugin which is part of oxwall version 1.6 ,mod_security rules 340147 & 340148 create a 403 error as they see a cross site scripting attempt , when you try to add embeded code mod_security sees an iframe inserted into a text field.

ross Team
ross Feb 10 '14

this is not a software or video plugin bug. we cannot guarantee proper functioning of the software while any secure modules are enabled on the server. If you look at our server requirements you'll see that software needs 

suPHP off

suApache off

suhosin off

which is why you need to optimize the software or module settings(recommended), if you have those secure modules enabled. 

Mihai
Mihai Apr 16 '14
I tought that video plugin is the problem, but now I realized that I can't add any link in the newsfeed.

How do I add links in the newsfeed ?