We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Rich text box bug- How can I right anything?! , there is no way to put text, not only in forums but also | Forum

idea
idea Aug 1 '11
Rich text box bug- How can I right anything?! , there is no way to put text, not only in forums but also in each module where rich text box is. I'm using opera mini and opera mobile browser. (I will not reply to this topic as I'm unable to put text in text box as per same reason)
Attachments:
  SC20110801-114213.png (15.19Kb)
Den Team
Den Aug 1 '11
Thank for report. Oxwall currently doesn't adapted for mobile browsers. We will correct it in next updates.
The Forum post is edited by Den Aug 1 '11
idea
idea Aug 3 '11
Dear aden, This is very disappointing reply.. from very beginning I'm using oxwall .. Totally handled my site with my cell phone even I think most of world's social community software considering for compatibility with mobile because it's going to be future of most of internet stuff. I must say again it (development) should be done considering mobile technology... Idea
Ilja
Ilja Aug 3 '11
Maybe there is way to disable rich text editor to older one ? 

Actually OxWall stops working in iPads, because of inability to use Rich text editor.
Lazlo
Lazlo Aug 3 '11
I agree I have lost many members because they cannot type in the newsfeed using a mobile device ex. Iphone, Andriod, Blackberry ect. The newsfeed worked before with the old system on mobile phones
Dantes
Dantes Aug 7 '11
i know this is going to sound stupid BUT
with my iphone i press the insert video on the news feed and type a message on "insert code" and it works
i can type now messages...
i know is not the best solution but i least for now i can response on my own site
Den Team
Den Aug 9 '11
Sorry for disappointing reply. I wanted to say, that due to the latest update we didn't test and adapt oxwall for mobile devices. That's why with the new update we have missing this. Will be corrected soon.

Dantes
Dantes Aug 9 '11
still what i do i let it know to my users and it works :P
BobbieHughes
BobbieHughes Oct 22 '22

The rich text box is a box that allows you to see the text that you type in the browser. This can be used to create websites or to simply read the content. The bug is that if you have a textbox and you edit it when you save the page, it doesn't save the change. It saves the original value. You can check https://rubygarage.org/services/web-application-testing to get knowledge about web application testing. If you use the text-align: center; property on your rich text box, it will not work properly when you use the rich text box in an article or other content.

carson
carson Aug 22 '23
Before mobile phone replace, consider your needs. What features are most important to you? Do you need a phone primarily for calls and texting, or are you looking for a device with advanced features like a high-quality camera, gaming capabilities, or productivity tools