We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cannot delete photos[Solved] - Photo | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Feb 8 '14
photos will not delete since 1.6 update I have tested this on several networks
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Jun 4 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 5 '14
For people facing the same issue.
There is in fact a 500phtml error behind this issue. But it can not be displayed since photo deletion happens in ajax floatbox. If you enable DEBUG mode, and then open Firebug's console you will see following error message:

Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'photo_comments-XXXX' for key 'entity'

Temporary fix:

File to edit: ow_plugins/photo/bol/photo_service.php

Function you are looking for: "triggerNewsfeedEventOnMultiplePhotosAdd" (line616)

Original line within the function:

OW::getEventManager()->trigger($event);

Replace this line by:

try
{
OW::getEventManager()->trigger($event);
}
catch (Exception $e){}

Issue will be fixed within the next update of the plugin.

sha
sha Mar 5 '14
Is this the soultion? I dnt think so... he is asking about photo delete and you are saying about multiplephotosadd. Anyway, I tried it but didnt work.
Joseph
Joseph Mar 5 '14
the way oxwall works is if one thing breaks it can mess up something else so this solution could work but I will have to try this later I am on my way to work but will get back with you on this
filip sich
filip sich Apr 12 '14
I have same problem...
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 17 '14
Filip, please enable debug mode to see the actual error and check your firebug console, there are probably javascript errors related to the issue, copy the errors here, so we could assist you.
jweb665
jweb665 May 18 '14
We get error with that fix:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'catch' (T_CATCH) in /home4/domain/public_html/ow_plugins/photo/bol/photo_service.php on line 1272

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 21 '14
Jweb, please remove this fix, to get rid of this parse error.

Then go to your phpmyadmin>ow_newsfeed_action table and find photo_comments-XXXX and delete it manually.

If the problem persists look at the table ow_newsfeed_action_set for the same duplicate entry and delete it.
UrbAn
UrbAn May 24 '14
Thanks for the advice!!!

It works the change on OW::getEventManager()->trigger($event); 

jweb665
jweb665 May 27 '14
Ok, its working now .. Thanks
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jun 4 '14
Thanks for letting us know guys, I'm going to mark this post as Solved
Fernando Blanco
Fernando Blanco Jul 12 '14
no. this problem reapeared in 1.7 again please help, after i updated it wont let me delete or add anything, already tried disabling all the core apps, it just says, would you like to delete this image, and when you click yes it does nothing, my site is animekida.com it also does not update to the feed when you upoad images and a bunch of other photo related problems, i'll give ya whatever credentiasl you need to try fix this. >.< the site is animekida.com
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 24 '14
please follow the instructions in this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5092
You do not have permission to reply this topic