We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

internet explorer 10 cant post useing it without getting error message[Solved] | Forum

Pete
Pete Feb 8 '14

internet explorer 10 ,people cant post using this browser proper in forum  or groups  ,everything ok using google chrome,is there a work around for this ?

I get message when posting

This page can't be displayed

• Make sure that the web address http://www.oxwall.org is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

then when I go back onto site the message is there

it does this on my site forum also

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 24 '14
Pete
Pete Feb 9 '14
Anyone ?
Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
is there any code that i can add to htaccess file to fix this problem  ?  somebody must have an answer to the above problem.I have searched the boards but cant find the answer .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 10 '14
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
hey Pete, im not totally convinced it has anything to do with IE10 bud.  Can you post on this forum using IE10? 

Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
I cant Dave ,i tried  but get the above error message ,it does it on this site,and on my website also
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
Im scratchen my head a bit on this one bud, have you tried to reset IE back to default settings?

Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
I might try adding a rewrite rule in the htacess file to make sure that the www is added to my website ,has most browsers now do not use the www ,people can just type in website in browser top bar and and most browsers go to website .Hope this all makes sense Dave lol
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
alot of that depends on the regional DNS config..

I dont see why the browser would have anything to do with the forum or group, the rest of the site works on IE 10 right?

And nothing in cpanel error log and nothing in debug when you do that huh... strange

Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
But there again it cant be that ,because the browser is going to my website ,it just causes an error when trying to post a message .Maybe i should just drop the db and do a fresh install 
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
you may not have to do all that, you may get by with possibly just deactivating the group and forum plugins (in that order) then replacing the forum and group plugin files.  And fire it up
Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
Its doing it on the oxwall website also ,so it cant be anything to do dns Dave ,its strange .I have to use google browser to post this message  .Its only IE 10 what does this  
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
if you do that i would def wipe the static version of those files too and let the system recreate them
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
yeah i forgot that sorry... yeah very strange

dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
see if there was a issue with the way IE was pulling urls it would not load the site in the first place..
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
i know this is a long shot, but lets check anyway... im assuming you checked your config file urls..   crazy crazy
Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
It must be something and nothing if its only doing this with IE10  .If it was just my site then i would say it was maybe a config prob on my server ,but it also happens on oxwall when i try and post .Anyway thanks dave ,i well find a solution sooner or later  
Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
If there was a prob with config files Dave it would cause this error with  IE11 which it does not .Its strange 
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
thats crazy man,  good luck with that... maybe a team member might have some insite...   yeah you might be having to reinstall IE..

Maybe revert to IE9 and see if it happens...
Pete
Pete Feb 10 '14
If i cant sort this out i well just have to put a notice on my website telling people if thy or useing IE 10 thy need to update there browser to post ,or use a different browser 
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '14
well i do apologize if my thoughts are alittle foggy, im exhausted and i saw that you were not being helped so i just wanted to see if maybe i could help ya.... sorry im just tired pete...  too tired to see all the pieces of the puzzle it seems lol
Pages: 1 2 »