We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with Plugin - Make Profile Picture | Forum

Frank Barcellona
Frank Barcellona Feb 13 '14
I went to go make one of my pictures into my profile picture and it did change the picture.  The problem is on the news feed.  It did not show that I changed it to the new picture.  Instead, it shows two pictures of my old picture in two different sizes.  Also, after someone changes there picture, nothing states that it was completed.  Could I recommend that after it makes the change, it goes to their profile page so they can see it happened.  Or it can make a statement show at the top temporarily that the change was made.  Thanks so much!
The Forum post is edited by Frank Barcellona Feb 13 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you share a screenshot of what you see in newsfeed?

Frank Barcellona
I have attached a screen shot.  On the newsfeed, it shows the new avatar small by my name, but then it shows my old avatar twice, one small and one larger.
Attachments:
  ProfilePicture.pdf (235.35Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Does it happen even when you change the avatar from normal oxwall way (form profile)?
Frank Barcellona

When I change the avatar the normal way through oxwall, the news post shows the small picture as the old avatar and the larger picture as the new avatar.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Ok.. I will see on this if I can reproduce on my test server.
Frank Barcellona
Thank you so much!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

I don't see any issues from my testing. Actually how you see the pictures in newsfeed? I don't see any picture in the newsfeed entry.

Frank Barcellona
The plugin Avatar History is the one that makes the two pictures like my screen shot.  It worked before, but not it is not.  Is there any way you can make your profile picture plugin compatible with the Avatar History plugin?  The avatar history plugin is a free one.  I would like to have both of them work together.  Thank you for your help.
Frank Barcellona
It would also be nice if your plugin can give a notification at the top of the screen when it has changed the profile picture instead of nothing.  That way the person knows it happened.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

My plugin has nothing to do with the Avatar History. My plugin uses the oxwall core function to change the avatar.

I will make a notification when the avatar is changed.
Kostia
Kostia Feb 14 '14
hy, some problem, i am using 1.6, i had readed that it should work fine too but its not. Look in to my attached file. Avatar had changed but then you push on it it shows older foto. I am using also avatar history. BUt if i turn it off than i push avatar photo it shows me this page DOMEN/oxwall/photo/useralbums/USERNAME    
Attachments:
  New Bitmap Image.bmp (1926.83Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sorry I could not understand.  I am locking this thread. Please create a new post with more details.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic