We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Deactivating a site Member | Forum

David A
David A Feb 19 '14
What does deactivating do?  I am interested in taking a number of members and  making it so that they do not get any site notifications. I do not want to delete these members as I do not want to loose their contributions/ posts to the site- including groups...

Thoughts?

ross Team
ross Feb 19 '14
I'm sorry, what do you mean by deactivating? Please elaborate
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 19 '14
David A
David A Feb 19 '14
Our Oxwall site is geared toward helping a small community work on some projects. There are only about 60 people on the site right now. About 20 of them will not be involved in the project this year.

Would like to put them in a state of inactive....  or something similar, so they do not get the mass mailings from the site, notifications etc etc...

I do not want to delete them, as that would mean we would loose all of the posts they have put on the site.

Thoughts?

ed claassen
ed claassen Feb 19 '14
If you deactivate people, they won,t be seen on the site like they are blockt. I think he means that.
ross Team
ross Feb 21 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 12 '14
David, do you want these users to be able to use the site? If not, you can simply suspend them for awhile and then unsuspend them when it's needed.

If you want these users to be able to use the site, please specify which services will be available to them and what should happen when they log into the site?
David A
David A Mar 25 '14
If I suspend them, will they be able to log into the site?  Will they get mass mailings?  It might be nice to have them log in and have access to a single group.

Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 27 '14
No, they will not be able to use the site and they won't receive mass mailing in case you suspend them. We can suggest to limit the users' actions on the site like view/add Blogs, Photos, Video, etc to the site using the Roles feature, and give them the access to the private groups by invitations.

If it suits your needs and you need more details, let me know and I will describe how to setup the system to work this way.