We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Common store for images | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Weird Rat
Weird Rat Feb 20 '14
Hi- found out that when I upload images into "groups" or "blogs" or "events" I can never take them out of the Gallery, when I change the plugin but every plugin seems to have a gallery of its own. If I want to use the image several times I have to upload it several times !

Now I am not as rich as Zuckerberg and cannot afford underground-tower-servers like a big city so I really would appreciate if someone could solve this problem because when you get several hundred users and they all upload several hundred images a day and need to upload each image 5 times you can imagine how my server will look like soon - and the performance !!

so - what to do ?
any idea ?

PS: belongs to images :

images usually have a too high quality for Internet, most of all when uploaded from a smartphone (and the mobile-version makes it possible) and hardly anyone optimizes them before - down to 72 dpi and lower quality .. can someone pls implement something like yahoos smush.it or take this and make a widget out of it ? It works for Wordpress and WP is also just a php-code ...
The Forum post is edited by Weird Rat Feb 20 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 23 '14
Groups and blogs use the same gallery of images. Please confirm that it is also so on your website. If not, then we have a problem as we cannot reproduce that on your test websites and demo. 

As to the plugin like yahoo's smuch it, this is considered as a custom code development.