We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

This is a great product - Music Extreme | Forum

Modern
Modern Feb 20 '14
First of all I would like to say that this is a great product that worked straight out of the box with no problems.  I did have an issue in Firefox but that was due to my setting and not this product.

On the MN site I wanted to give the members an opportunity to produce their own rants.  Prior to installing this I was using Broadwave Audio Streaming Server based on my own comp at home.  To purchase the professional full version of it would have cost me in excess of $130.  However, it was a pain in the back side.  I had to have my computer on all the time and sometimes it didn't play a rant because of an upload problem. Probably a glitch on the cable.  I am happy to say that this product not only looks better on the site pages but also does all of what the expensive one did and a lot more without having to have my comp on all the time.

Having said that, there are a few suggestions that I would like to make.

I think the site owner should be able to have his or her player repeated on the Main Page so that guest that do not have permission to view profiles can still see the rants or music.  This would also help to eliminate the problem when guest click on the music tag in the main page and find themselves presented with a blank page.  Obviously we don't want them to see or be able to access the players management tools.

Some sites would benefit from having just one player for the whole site on the main page for everyone to see, so this option should be available.

Other than that, well done, great job.

Roderick
Roderick Feb 21 '14
Thanks for the great feedback, i will put this on my to do list for the next update. I like your way of thinking :)
John Michaels
John Michaels Mar 27 '14
Will this player have the capabilities at anytime to be able to stream music coming from an internet radio station ?
Roderick
Roderick Mar 28 '14
No not radio, only mp3
You do not have permission to reply this topic