We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Emails [Solved] | Forum

TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Feb 27 '14
Hey!

My members stopped receiving notifications and mass emails. Please help. Cron jobs are the same as they were when they did receive them.
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 3 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 27 '14
TAPS 

as to the notifications, I registered at your websites, notifications work just fine. As to the Mass Mailing issue can you please send me Cpane access details, I need to check something in your database. Thanks

TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Feb 27 '14
It's the same info I sent for FTP but on bluehost. <br/>
<br/>
<br/>
And notifications from new comments on events or forum posts aren't going through.
The Forum post is edited by TAPS Omar Feb 27 '14
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Feb 27 '14
I'm also getting an error.
Attachments:
  image.jpg (147.64Kb)
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Feb 27 '14
Okay, I realized my cron jobs were deleted. I will add them again. <br/>
I still need help with the error I'm getting though.

Edit:
Emails are still not coming through.
The Forum post is edited by TAPS Omar Feb 28 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 28 '14
alright, can you please send a complete text of the warning, as I can't see from the screenshot in which file it occured. 
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Feb 28 '14
OW Debug - Warning
File: /home3/tapswest/public_html/members/ow_plugins/event/classes/event_handler.php
Line: 345
OW Debug - Warning
File: /home3/tapswest/public_html/members/ow_plugins/event/classes/event_handler.php
OW Debug - Warning
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '14
Yes, it was due the broken tag, we have moved to new formats and this is the reason. In case you run into this problem again. Just copy the Event description to a Notepad, it will remove all formatting then paste it back to the description and save your event again. 
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Mar 3 '14
Thanks. Now, back to emails. They're not being sent--both MAss emails and notification emails.
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '14
what about your cron jobs? you said you deleted it. have you configured it now?
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Mar 3 '14
Yes, but they're still not being sent.
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Mar 3 '14
Got it working. Thanks for your help.
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Mar 3 '14
As per request of our team lead, your account created on the site is suspended for privacy of our clients and members. We will activate it when help is needed from you, Ross. Thanks again for all your help.
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '14
Alright. Can you please share what was the reason why you didn't get any notifications and mass mailing? 
TAPS Omar
TAPS Omar Mar 3 '14
I didn't put the root directory where oxwall is located. I put the home page.
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '14
I see. Thanks for sharing.