We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to customize groups page?[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Mar 2 '14
How admin of the group can customize group page: add/delete widgets, drag&drop widgets like for users profile..? I see only edit description for group button..
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 3 '14
John
John Mar 2 '14
Go to your Admin area, select Plugins, then select Installed Plugins, the go to the Groups Plugin. On the right you will see three boxes Settings, Deactivate, Uninstall. Click Settings.

You will now see all available Widgets which you can shift around or delete. (Deleting just removes them from the user area and they are still available for later use.) You can also change some aspects of the page layout and most plugins have a cogwheel where you can change certain settings.

When you return to the Groups page, the changes should be recorded. Sometimes you may need to reset the cache to see the changes and there's a great free plugin for this. It's called chacheextreme

As Plugins are independent entities, most have a Settings feature that works similar to the above.

Hope that helps.
The Forum post is edited by John Mar 2 '14
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Mar 2 '14
Thank you, John

I know about this setttings for Group plugin..but the previous version works like profile customization, when every user can change their profile widgets with their individual requests and requirements..Now Groups widgets list and layouts are fixed for all group ..And admins of groups has no rights to customize their own groups..only description..

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Mar 2 '14
I mean customize button for every group on groups page..like customize profile on profile
Austeyr
Austeyr Mar 2 '14
have you tried ?

admin > manage plugins > groups > groups settings > "Allow users to customize this page" make sure this is unchecked.

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Mar 2 '14
Yes, thank you, Randell, now find out..its a conflict with Customize Profile plugin with this function..When Customize plugin is disabled it works Ok..Hope it will be resolved by plugin developer
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '14
I'm sorry Alex, what conflict you're referring to? Groups customize this page and Customize this page on the user profile? or you referring to the Purusothaman's plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/522
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Mar 3 '14
Yes, Ross it was solved by Purusothaman for http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/522  because  plugin was caused this conflict..Recently it was updated
The Forum post is edited by Alex Philipp Mar 3 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '14
Alright, I'm going to mark this post as solved.