We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After registration page just refreshes | Forum

Wessel
Wessel Mar 6 '14
Hello,

I made an Oxwall website, but people can't register? If I fill in all the fields, the page just refreshes. No error, and the only thing that changes is the URL, instead of wellplayed.nl/sandbox/join it will be wellplayed.nl/sandbox/join?. I already did a fresh install but I keep getting the same thing...

Is there something I am missing? Please help!

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Wessel Mar 6 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '14
Wessel, I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this issue on your website. i have just successfully registered at your website without any problems using Chrome. Please, check your admin panel/browse users. Something wrong with your browser/your side. 

Can you please try different browsers?

Joseph
Joseph Mar 11 '14
same issue here with chrome no one has figured it out yet its a chrome issue for some people who are logged into chrome I am not sure why there are some old threads in the forum about it but they are way old 
Joseph
Joseph Mar 11 '14
I do know that the issue did not start until I logged into my google account with my chrome like how it saves all your info to the cloud all your bookmarks and so on so you can go to another chrome and login from the settings menu and get all your bookmarks back
ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
Joseph, I have successfully registered on your website using Google chrome without any problems. Sorry we can't reproduce the issue. 
Joseph
Joseph Mar 12 '14
this isnt a site issue its a google chrome issue I am not sure what it is but if I install chrome I can create an account until I go into my settings and link my chrome to my google account then something changes and its not just my site its any oxwall powered site 
Neppumuck
Neppumuck Mar 12 '14
Hello, i have installed Oxwall 1.6.0 yesterday. the registration via firefox 27.0.1 for any user ist not possible.
so i tried the facebook connect plugin. the plugin works for 2 times. then i schould download a 500.phtml file.
reactivating the plugin changes nothing ( tip from a forum ).
the registration via IE 10 works fine for me.

please help me
ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
Please share your URL Neppumuck
Coello
Coello Apr 22 '14
yes... in chrome refresh page... and dont add user ...  with firefox, add user to database, but... not send verify mail.
ross Team
ross Apr 23 '14
Coello, please do not duplicate your posts: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/18459
Karalius Kraujas
Karalius Kraujas May 9 '14
same here
that "/join?"
i use firefox
Silvio
Silvio May 10 '14
i'd the same problem... it happens when you have 2 pages of registration form.. the first where you insert the gender and the second with details. If you stop registration at the second step when you re-open the site and try to register it jumps the first step where you choose the gender. To solve the problem the user must press F5 and refresh the page or clear cache.

Joseph
Joseph May 10 '14
weird
ross Team
ross May 12 '14
Karaluis, Silvio, Joseph, please provide more details, what browser and which version you use? what OS are you using? and please share your URLs
Silvio
Silvio May 15 '14
Ross you have my previous data in mailbox for the unsolved problem about captcha...

both firefox and chrome (last version) i do a test right now...

Used Firefox latest version (actual) and windows 8.1

I go on website http:/www.IlLatoOscuro.it then Social... you see the login page.. i do subscribe (Iscriviti in italian)

on the scroll down menu you choose what kind of user you are, then you insert nickname, email and 2 times the password.. ok... let's go to the second page..

at this point close your page or browser...

the do it again... when you do subscribe the first page doesnt appear anymore and you are sent directly to the second page of the join

that means that if a user have choosen a wrong profile type could not come back and change it

the only solution (user side) is to clear cache and cookies then come back.. or use another browser.

S.
Karalius Kraujas
Karalius Kraujas May 15 '14
i had only one page, i'm sure of that :)

oxwall and firefox - both latest :)

now reinstalling, so can not show url
Sean
Sean May 15 '14
ross Team
ross May 15 '14
Silvio this is how the join form is developed. Because we take the data from browser cookies and send it to our database. And, of course, if you clear browser cache, it will take you to the 1 step, where you can choose your account type again. 

Karalius, please share your URL, as far as I remember, I already replied to Joseph somewhere that I have successfully registered on his website using Chrome. 

The Forum post is edited by ross May 15 '14
Regis Grison
Regis Grison May 20 '14
Hi,

I think I found how to reproduce the problem.

I did it with firefox 29 and oxwall 1.6 but it should work with some others brothers & versions.

1) create an account (let's say it's "login1")
2) login and save login & password
3) let's say a friend want to create his account while coming to your home and looking at the site
4) log out
5) create an account (let's say it's "login2")
6) validate
7) see the form reload empty while no user creation

Now if you look at ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php you will see that the isBot activate to true because of the line:
if ( !empty($question['fake']) && !empty($_POST[$question['name']]) )

What appends is that firefox kindly added "login1" to an anti-bot field, thinking he was helping you to log in with this account.

Regards.

Regis.
ross Team
ross May 23 '14
There are many threads related to this issue. We scrutinized it from different angles, tested it on various OSes, different browsers versions and browser settings, however we were not able to reproduce it. 

Here's some information for you in relation to the problem with join process via Chrome. Of course, it can vary from case to case and may not apply to everyone, however this is considered as a common plausible explanation why this occurs on YOUR websites: 

The server got disconnected while user registration;

Different browser cookies settings - session has been removed; 

Pre-set fields like age range or some custom fields, in this case server declines data because it is incorrect or invalid. 

If the above is not satisfied, then a user cannot get to the first step of the registration until he clears the browser cookies. 

You need to be able to reproduce that on your websites and provide us with the details:

Every step of the registration process;

How much time it takes for your to register on your website;

What profile questions you have?;

List of plugins;

Software version;

Your  OS;

Your browser version and settings;

Are you logged in Chromium;

Any other valid details which you consider may be important for reproducing;

Then you need to try to reproduce this on the oxwall.org demo website, so we could do the same. Until then, we are not able to start fixing the issue. 
In the meantime if you want to disable this strict check of the data by server, in ow_system_plugins/base/init.php
insert this code at the bottom: function base_addFakeQuestions( OW_Event $e )    {            $e->setData(false);    }    OW::getEventManager()->bind('base.questions_field_add_fake_questions', 'base_addFakeQuestions');

The Forum post is edited by ross May 23 '14
Pages: 1 2 »